You Can Use Points to Fly an EgyptAir Flight Simulator in Cairo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Think you’ve got what it takes to pilot a Boeing 777? SPG Moments just announced an incredible opportunity for the right AvGeek to experience an actual flight simulator under the tutelage of a professional pilot – in Cairo, no less.
Billed as “the ultimate aviation enthusiast experience,” the package is for one lucky winner and their even luckier guest at the Egypt Air Training Academy on Nov. 20. A professional pilot will offer one hour of simulator experience: 15 minutes of briefing, followed by 20 minutes of flight time per person. The package includes two nights in a club room at the Le Méridien Cairo Airport checking in Nov. 19 and checking out Nov. 21, as well as access to the Le Méridien club lounge inside Cairo International Airport (CAI).
Interested AvGeeks with Marriott points to spare can begin bidding on the SPG Moments package right now, starting at just 15,000 Marriott points – and as of the time of this post, there are exactly zero bids on the package thus far. Bids will increase in increments of 2,500 points. This bucket list dream-come-true will belong to the highest bidder on Oct. 12, 2018, at 8am EDT. Since the SPG loyalty program has formally merged with Marriott, bidding on this ultimate AvGeek package begins at the equivalent of just 5,000 Starwood points.
There are a few technical restrictions:
- Lucky winners have to get themselves to Cairo; the package does not include flights.
- The experience is subject to security clearance; passport scans must be submitted by Oct. 15
- The experience dates are fixed and are not flexible in any way.
H/T: Running with Miles
Featured photo by Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.