This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Think you’ve got what it takes to pilot a Boeing 777? SPG Moments just announced an incredible opportunity for the right AvGeek to experience an actual flight simulator under the tutelage of a professional pilot – in Cairo, no less.
Billed as “the ultimate aviation enthusiast experience,” the package is for one lucky winner and their even luckier guest at the Egypt Air Training Academy on Nov. 20. A professional pilot will offer one hour of simulator experience: 15 minutes of briefing, followed by 20 minutes of flight time per person. The package includes two nights in a club room at the Le Méridien Cairo Airport checking in Nov. 19 and checking out Nov. 21, as well as access to the Le Méridien club lounge inside Cairo International Airport (CAI).
Interested AvGeeks with Marriott points to spare can begin bidding on the SPG Moments package right now, starting at just 15,000 Marriott points – and as of the time of this post, there are exactly zero bids on the package thus far. Bids will increase in increments of 2,500 points. This bucket list dream-come-true will belong to the highest bidder on Oct. 12, 2018, at 8am EDT. Since the SPG loyalty program has formally merged with Marriott, bidding on this ultimate AvGeek package begins at the equivalent of just 5,000 Starwood points.
There are a few technical restrictions:
- Lucky winners have to get themselves to Cairo; the package does not include flights.
- The experience is subject to security clearance; passport scans must be submitted by Oct. 15
- The experience dates are fixed and are not flexible in any way.
H/T: Running with Miles
Featured photo by Shutterstock.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards