You can get a free rental day with Silvercar this month
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To celebrate the extra day in 2020, Silvercar is offering customers one free day on Audi rentals the last week of February.
In order to get in on this deal, you will need to make a booking between Feb. 23 – 29 using the promo code LEAPDAY2020. Rentals will need to be made for at least two days to get one free.
For those unfamiliar with Silvercar, it’s an app based car rental service run by Audi. That being said, you know what type of car you’re getting each time you rent, so there’s no surprises. TPG’s Summer Hull really enjoys the service, sharing “since it launched in 2012, I’ve been a Silvercar fan. Nothing can take away all of the car rental pain points, but Silvercar has done a reasonable job trying.”
Silvercar also offers some premium features, that can end up costing you significantly more with other car rental companies.
Further reading: What you need to know when renting from Silvercar
The rentals are pretty affordable considering the type of car, typically starting at $60 per day. Just recently, the service became even more appealing to travelers by offering a loyalty program.
Silvercar is only available in select cities, including:
- Austin-Bergstrom (AUS)
- Boston Logan (BOS)
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD)
- Charlotte Douglas (CLT)
- Dallas Love Field (DAL)
- Denver International (DEN)
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood (FLL)
- McCarran International in Las Vegas (LAS)
- Los Angeles International (LAX)
- Miami International (MIA)
- Miami South Beach
- Newark Liberty (EWR)
- New York City — Brooklyn Williamsburg
- New York City — Brooklyn Downtown
- New York City — Manhattan Columbus Circle
- New York City — Manhattan West 42nd Street
- John Wayne Airport in Orange County (SNA)
- Orlando International (MCO)
- Sky Harbor International in Phoenix (PHX)
- San Diego International (SAN)
- Seattle-Tacoma (SEA)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- San Francisco International (SFO)
- San Francisco Downtown — Union Square
- Tampa International (TPA)
- Dulles International in Washington, D.C. (IAD)
So if you happen to be traveling through any of the above cities the last week of February and are in need of a car rental, consider using Silvercar and get one free day.
If you have a Visa Infinite credit card, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the code VISAINF20 will save you 20% on Silvercar rentals. Also stay on the lookout for Amex Offers that sometimes can help you save on rentals. If you are a new Silvercar customer, you save 20% with the code FIRST20
Featured photo courtesy of Silvercar.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.