You can get a free rental day with Silvercar this month
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To celebrate the extra day in 2020, Silvercar is offering customers one free day on Audi rentals the last week of February.
In order to get in on this deal, you will need to make a booking between Feb. 23 – 29 using the promo code LEAPDAY2020. Rentals will need to be made for at least two days to get one free.
For those unfamiliar with Silvercar, it’s an app based car rental service run by Audi. That being said, you know what type of car you’re getting each time you rent, so there’s no surprises. TPG’s Summer Hull really enjoys the service, sharing “since it launched in 2012, I’ve been a Silvercar fan. Nothing can take away all of the car rental pain points, but Silvercar has done a reasonable job trying.”
Silvercar also offers some premium features, that can end up costing you significantly more with other car rental companies.
Further reading: What you need to know when renting from Silvercar
The rentals are pretty affordable considering the type of car, typically starting at $60 per day. Just recently, the service became even more appealing to travelers by offering a loyalty program.
Silvercar is only available in select cities, including:
- Austin-Bergstrom (AUS)
- Boston Logan (BOS)
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD)
- Charlotte Douglas (CLT)
- Dallas Love Field (DAL)
- Denver International (DEN)
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood (FLL)
- McCarran International in Las Vegas (LAS)
- Los Angeles International (LAX)
- Miami International (MIA)
- Miami South Beach
- Newark Liberty (EWR)
- New York City — Brooklyn Williamsburg
- New York City — Brooklyn Downtown
- New York City — Manhattan Columbus Circle
- New York City — Manhattan West 42nd Street
- John Wayne Airport in Orange County (SNA)
- Orlando International (MCO)
- Sky Harbor International in Phoenix (PHX)
- San Diego International (SAN)
- Seattle-Tacoma (SEA)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- San Francisco International (SFO)
- San Francisco Downtown — Union Square
- Tampa International (TPA)
- Dulles International in Washington, D.C. (IAD)
So if you happen to be traveling through any of the above cities the last week of February and are in need of a car rental, consider using Silvercar and get one free day.
If you have a Visa Infinite credit card, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the code VISAINF20 will save you 20% on Silvercar rentals. Also stay on the lookout for Amex Offers that sometimes can help you save on rentals. If you are a new Silvercar customer, you save 20% with the code FIRST20
Featured photo courtesy of Silvercar.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees