This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton announced on Wednesday the latest feature of its high-tech guest room: complimentary Showtime programming.
Guests can now access premium streaming, including Showtime original series such as “Homeland,” “The Chi,” “Billions,” “Ray Donovan” and enjoy comedy specials, sports programming, documentaries and more on demand — all free of charge.
In December 2017, Hilton introduced its “Connected Room,” which allows guests to control and customize all aspects of their stay— from room’s temperature, lighting, television entertainment and more— through the hotel’s Honors app.
“Connected Room has set a new standard for the industry by giving our guests a travel experience where their room can be customized to their preferences,” Jon Witter, chief customer officer at Hilton, said in a statement. “The availability of in-app controls is the next step in allowing guests to manage all aspects of their stay from the palm of their hands.”
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees