You Can Now Rent a Street-Legal Learjet Limousine
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It took a dozen years, but the Limo Jet is complete. If ever you’ve yearned to rent a Learjet, but didn’t want to put in the effort to become a pilot, the Limo Jet has your name written all over it. In fact, that’s sort of the point — its makers anticipate that most rental inquiries will come from businesses who’d like to show up in style.
Perhaps the most incredible thing about the conversion isn’t the 8-cylinder engine that’s powering it, but that it’s actually street legal. Said another way, you can legally drive this on roadways — even Interstate 95, if you’re so bold/zany — as you would any other limousine. The parent company, Jetsetter, claims that “every nut and bolt has been custom crafted,” with the one pictured in this article being the only one in the world at present time. (And, if you’re considering engineering one of your own, it’s worth mentioning that the design for this beaut is patent pending.)
We reached out to Jetsetter to confirm that it will indeed respond to rental inquiries from the public, but “not for the purpose of driving it around.” Instead, the company is envisioning the Limo Jet being used “more towards marketing [one’s] product or event.” As for rates? Sounds like that’ll be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
Something tells us the primary automotive rental insurance on the Chase Sapphire Reserve won’t apply to this, but considering that limos do fall into the “Travel” bonus bucket, at least you’ll earn 3x points!
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee