You Can Now Play Xbox While Awaiting a Flight at DFW Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Pods and streaming services used to be the extent of entertainment at airports, but now Dallas/Fort Wort Airport (DFW) is challenging that. Recently, DFW added two gaming lounges to its terminals, so now you can play the most popular Xbox games while you wait for boarding time.
Gameway, the company that launched the airport lounges, has opened locations at Gate 32 in Terminal B and Gate 16 in Terminal E, landing them on opposite ends of the airport.
There are 22 gaming stations at the Terminal E location and 14 at the Gameway in Terminal B. Each is connected to an Xbox One that has 19 popular games for every type of gamer. The array includes shooting games, action games, sports games, kids games and fighting games. Yes, that means Fortnite, Call of Duty WWII, NBA2K18 and Minecraft are all available. Plus, players have the option to log on to their own accounts to play, if they please.
The company’s president, Jordan Walbridge, cites his inspiration around current gaming trends and their correlation with travel trends. He told Dallas Business Journal that “with 50 percent of Americans playing video games at least three hours per week or more, and the average gamer being a male who’s 35 and a female in their mid 40s, this demographic perfectly aligns with who is traveling at the airport.”
To play, the lounge will charge you $0.42 per minute of play or $20 for unlimited play, which seems pretty reasonable. Assuming you have a card that gives you free access to one of the lounges at DFW, the gaming lounge is a step up in price for some. Plus, it won’t feed you. However, if you don’t have one of those cards, Gameway is generally much cheaper than paying your way into a lounge that you don’t have free access to.
Just don’t get too engrossed and end up missing your flight – everyone knows that’s a rookie mistake.
Featured image by Essdras M Suarez/The Boston Globe via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.