Targeted: You can now get around Manhattan in a car for $5 flat
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Select Via riders are being targeted for $5 flat-rate rides on travel within Manhattan.
Via regularly runs specials like this, so be on the look out for your own! For instance, TPG’s Benji Stawski got this offer for $5 flat-rate rides now through Feb. 9, 2020.
Sounds too good to be true? Well, then, you’re probably not too familiar with Via’s always low-prices. Let’s get you acquainted.
Via is a similar service to Uber and Lyft. However Via calls itself an “on-demand transit system” focused on shared rides that are cheaper than individual trips on Uber or Lyft. Essentially, its goal is to get more people to their destinations in fewer trips. But it’s not your typical, crammed shared ride — Via’s fleet is full of Mercedes Metris vans.
Back in November 2019, Via introduced $15 flat-rate rides from New York’s LaGuardia airport to Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn.
There’s no points program with Via, but the company does make it very easy to earn credit for referring a friend.
Like any travel service, always be sure to use a card, like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, that rewards you for it.
For just $5, why not Via?
Featured photo courtesy of Via.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.