Targeted: You can now get around Manhattan in a car for $5 flat
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Select Via riders are being targeted for $5 flat-rate rides on travel within Manhattan.
Via regularly runs specials like this, so be on the look out for your own! For instance, TPG’s Benji Stawski got this offer for $5 flat-rate rides now through Feb. 9, 2020.
Sounds too good to be true? Well, then, you’re probably not too familiar with Via’s always low-prices. Let’s get you acquainted.
Via is a similar service to Uber and Lyft. However Via calls itself an “on-demand transit system” focused on shared rides that are cheaper than individual trips on Uber or Lyft. Essentially, its goal is to get more people to their destinations in fewer trips. But it’s not your typical, crammed shared ride — Via’s fleet is full of Mercedes Metris vans.
Back in November 2019, Via introduced $15 flat-rate rides from New York’s LaGuardia airport to Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn.
There’s no points program with Via, but the company does make it very easy to earn credit for referring a friend.
Like any travel service, always be sure to use a card, like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, that rewards you for it.
For just $5, why not Via?
Featured photo courtesy of Via.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees