You Can Now Check in With Your Face at Some Marriott Hotels
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Facial recognition is becoming all the rage across the travel industry. From our smartphones to going through customs, more and more companies are using these technologies to enhance your security. Marriott International, the world’s largest hotel chain, partnered with Chinese e-commerce group Alibaba to introduce face-scanning technologies at two Marriott International properties in China.
The hotel chain announced the facial recognition pilot program with Fliggy, Alibaba’s travel service platform, on Wednesday. The tech will be available at Hangzhou Marriott Hotel Qianjiangand Sanya and Marriott Hotel Dadonghai Bay beginning in July. Depending on the trials’ success, Marriott International plans on introducing these technologies across more locations globally in the future.
Marriott said Chinese guests will need to scan their IDs, take a photo and input their contact details on a self-help machine. The device will then release room key cards after their identities and booking information are verified. The whole check-in process will take less than a minute, according to Marriott.
Marriott International also said that along with their technological enhancements, their loyalty program has grown to more than 2 million members since June 2018. Through status matching, members can now link their Marriott Rewards and Fliggy memberships to earn points and reap benefits from both programs.
Featured image by Marriott.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee