You can help ANA choose its new inflight menu
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
All Nippon Airways (ANA) wants you to help figure out its new inflight meals. And, no, this isn’t just picking chicken, beef or fish on your next flight to Japan.
The airline has held regular public votes since 2013 as part of its effort to keep its economy and premium economy catering menus fresh and appealing. The theme for this year’s contest is “Local Don.” Don — the abbreviation of “donburi” used as a suffix — is a Japanese dish that typically has a protein and vegetables simmered together and served over rice.
Choices in the current poll include deep-fried chicken don, broiled Pacific saury don, grilled mackerel don, tuna cutlet don and pork cutlet don. (Saury is a Pacific fish especially popular in Japan.)
“We are always looking for new ways to give our passengers a voice and inviting their input on the services that we offer in order to create a more responsive airline,” the airline’s vice president, Hideki Kunugi, said in a statement. “Voting via the internet and social media platforms is a fun way for the public to make their opinion heard and ensure that our offerings align with their interests. ANA will continue prioritizing consumer input as we align every aspect of the in-flight experience with passenger needs.”
To make your opinions known, visit this page. Voting is currently open for traditional eastern Japanese dishes, and the airline’s poll for western dishes will open on Oct. 17. To be clear, all the dishes in the competition are Japanese, the voting stages are just taking place by geographical region of the country.
The four winning dishes, two from each region, will be served on all ANA flights in economy and premium economy, beginning in March 2020.
Featured photo by YOSHIKAZU TSUNO/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees