This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Young’s & Co. Brewery, a British pub chain with more than 100 establishments, is celebrating its 187th birthday on Thursday, Sept. 20, by giving its customers free beer. All you have to do to redeem your free pint of Young’s Special, Bitter or Gold, is download the brewery’s On Tap app to your smartphone and head to one of the pubs.
The brewery is also bringing out its fleet of dray horses to various locations to welcome customers all day long. Each pub will be celebrating in their own way, too, with live music, cake and more.
Counting down the days til #YoungsDay on Thursday 20th September. Dylan from the @KingsHeadSW15 is showing off his pint pulling skills ahead of the day! We’re giving away a pint to all of our customers, simply download the app > https://t.co/Bsqo7XtemQ #Youngs187 #caskaleweek2018 pic.twitter.com/yMzoCsMS25
— Young’s Pubs (@YoungsPubs) September 14, 2018
It’s @YoungsPubs 187th birthday next Thursday (20th) and we’d like to toast a complimentary pint of our famous beer with you all.
Claim your free drink by downloading our app: https://t.co/4H5xPuwZ7o
Live music from the Swan Lock Duo at 7.30pm, too! 🎼🎤🍻 pic.twitter.com/2hadUAp0XH
— The Foley (@TheFoleyHotel) September 13, 2018
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees