You Can Get Free Beer at Busch Gardens and SeaWorld Next Year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To celebrate Busch Gardens 60th anniversary, the park is pulling out all the stops on a much-loved promotion: free beer year round. Cheers!
Starting in Jan. 2019, all park visitors 21 and up can enjoy free beer at Busch Garden’s Tampa Bay and SeaWorld. “[W]e’ve committed to bring that promotion back to both parks [SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay] this summer,” CEO John Reilly said on the matter. “In fact, our free beer promotion will be available year-round at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay starting in January as part of their 60th-anniversary celebration.”
The promotion, which had previously been terminated in 2009, was given a revival throughout the summer of 2018. Park-goers could redeem two complimentary 7-ounce beers during their visit between until Aug. 5 at Garden Gate Café. Not so surprisingly, with the re-addition of the free beer, Busch Gardens and SeaWorld reported a rise in park attendance. While it’s not the definite cause of the increased traffic (both parks also introduced a new four-tiered pass-holder system that offers their own benefits) analysts believe that the boozy perk definitely played a significant role.
SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. reported that park attendance numbers were up by 1.4 million visitors compared to the first three quarters of last year. Park attendance had dramatically dwindled in recent years after documentary “Blackfish” questioned how staff treated its orca whales.
Executives now project that revenue will rise by $90 million for the first three-quarters of 2018.
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will also be opening Tigris, Florida’s tallest launch coaster, in spring 2019. Just make sure you haven’t filled up on too much of that free booze before riding. Free beer will also be coming to SeaWorld sometime in 2019, but the official start and end date for that promotion is to be announced for now.
Featured image via Getty Images.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee