You Can Get Free Beer at Busch Gardens and SeaWorld Next Year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To celebrate Busch Gardens 60th anniversary, the park is pulling out all the stops on a much-loved promotion: free beer year round. Cheers!
Starting in Jan. 2019, all park visitors 21 and up can enjoy free beer at Busch Garden’s Tampa Bay and SeaWorld. “[W]e’ve committed to bring that promotion back to both parks [SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay] this summer,” CEO John Reilly said on the matter. “In fact, our free beer promotion will be available year-round at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay starting in January as part of their 60th-anniversary celebration.”
The promotion, which had previously been terminated in 2009, was given a revival throughout the summer of 2018. Park-goers could redeem two complimentary 7-ounce beers during their visit between until Aug. 5 at Garden Gate Café. Not so surprisingly, with the re-addition of the free beer, Busch Gardens and SeaWorld reported a rise in park attendance. While it’s not the definite cause of the increased traffic (both parks also introduced a new four-tiered pass-holder system that offers their own benefits) analysts believe that the boozy perk definitely played a significant role.
SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. reported that park attendance numbers were up by 1.4 million visitors compared to the first three quarters of last year. Park attendance had dramatically dwindled in recent years after documentary “Blackfish” questioned how staff treated its orca whales.
Executives now project that revenue will rise by $90 million for the first three-quarters of 2018.
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will also be opening Tigris, Florida’s tallest launch coaster, in spring 2019. Just make sure you haven’t filled up on too much of that free booze before riding. Free beer will also be coming to SeaWorld sometime in 2019, but the official start and end date for that promotion is to be announced for now.
Featured image via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.