Starbucks Is Offering a Buy One, Get One Free Deal on Iced Drinks Today
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Starbucks is having another buy-one-get-one-free ‘Happy Hour’ promotion, this time for an extra iced beverage with your purchase after 3pm today, June 27. And with temperatures reaching the low 90s in some parts of the country this afternoon, what’s a better way to beat oppressively high summer temperatures than downing a free, ice-cold drink?
To redeem your free drink, all you have to do is download the Starbucks app to your smartphone, and the Happy Hour offer should be waiting for you in the in-app inbox. Then, you’re free to get an additional iced coffee, frappuccino, iced tea and a myriad of other cold beverages to help you beat the afternoon heat.
As always, any Starbucks purchase is a good opportunity to maximize your spending — even if you’re getting one drink free. So, make sure you’re enrolled in the Starbucks rewards program before you head to your nearest store. This will help you collect stars that you can eventually redeem for a totally free drink, as well as keep up to date on future Happy Hour promotions.
Lastly, you might want to use your American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige Card to optimize on dining points. Learn more about which credit cards are best for Starbucks purchases here.
Featured image by Zhang Peng/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.