Inside New York City’s hottest new Instagram attraction
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re planning a trip to the Big Apple this holiday season, get ready to go to infinity and beyond.
On Saturday, Nov. 9, acclaimed Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama just opened yet another exhibit at the David Zwirner Gallery in Chelsea. And it’s already making a huge splash with both tourists and locals.
According to the gallery’s site, “viewers navigate an all-encompassing environment of organic-looking, cloud-like forms whose reflections envelop its audience and reinforce an impression of perpetuity and infinity.” Think: an LED-lit ladder and an infinity-mirrored room with color-changing incandescent globes.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Better yet? It’s free to enter.
Kusama’s “Every Day I Pray For Love” exhibit is the latest in a string of mega-popular pop-ups in New York City. It runs from now until Dec. 14, although it’s closed on Thanksgiving.
If past experience is any indication here, the lines to get in are going to be pretty massive, so be sure to build plenty of time in your itinerary. As Time Out noted, “the Infinity Room itself can only accommodate four people at a time [so] there will [be] a wait of an hour or more to see it, at least on Saturdays ….”
The gallery is located at 537 West 20th Street is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. You can follow its Twitter account to stay up-to-date on wait times. Keep in mind, though, you might luck out by going in the early morning during the week.
If you don’t want to brave the lines, don’t fret. Kusama will be joining the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday, Nov 28. Get ready to catch a glimpse of her “Love Flies Up to the Sky” balloon as it soars over the city on Turkey Day.
And for those of you who aren’t based in — or traveling to — New York this holiday season, you can get a taste of Kusama at ICA Boston through February 2021, ICA Miami and, of course, the Yayoi Kusama Museum in Tokyo.
Featured photo courtesy of David Zwirner.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees