This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We have been reporting on the rather gloomy outlook for Wow airlines in recent days and weeks. The airline has taken steps on its own to try and survive by downsizing its fleet and cutting routes. And as the faltering Reykjavik-based carrier has struggled to continue operations, it has seen potential saviors come and go.
In a press release from December 14, Wow stated that they are moving forward with one of their potential investors. Indigo Partners, which owns Frontier Airlines, has agreed — in principal — to an investment in the failing airline.
If Indigo’s track record with troubled low-cost airlines is any indication, Wow might just survive. Indigo is widely credited with saving Spirit Airlines when it was struggling. Spirit is now one of the most profitable airlines in the ultra-budget sector, posting a third quarter net income of $97.5 million in 2018.
The agreement is yet to be inked by the two parties, but the press release says the due diligence phase has been completed by both sides. Under the agreement, Wow could see as much as a $75 million investment to help stabilize its business.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees