WOW Air Brings Back $69 One-Way Flights to Iceland; From $169 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Budget travelers, rejoice. WOW Air is bringing back its $69 one-way flights to Reykjavik, Iceland, for a limited-time only — including parts of summer and early fall travel.
As part of its latest promotion, WOW Air is offering $69 one-way flights from select US cities to Reykjavik (KEF). To book as part of this sale at reduced fares, you must be originating in any of the following cities: Baltimore (BWI), Chicago (ORD), Cleveland (CLE), Cincinnati (CVG), Detroit (DTW), New York (EWR and JFK), Dallas (DFW), St. Louis (STL), Pittsburgh (PIT), Boston (BOS), San Francisco (SFO) or Los Angeles (LAX).
In order to get the cheapest fares, travel must be completed between May 1-June 20, 2018, and September 1-October 27, 2018. There’s no telling how long these fares will be around, so it’ll be better to book sooner rather than later. Note that we’re only finding the cheapest fares on round-trip tickets — not one-way.
Here are some examples of what you can book, directly on wowair.com:
New York (EWR) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $169 round-trip:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $169 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $189 round-trip:
Baltimore (BWI) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $229 round-trip:
Keep in mind that WOW Air is a low-cost carrier, meaning you’ll pay fees for things that are usually free. Fees you’ll pay range from meals to seat assignments to checked baggage and more. So, while the fare may seem too good to pass up, keep in mind that if you want to customize your trip, you’ll have to pay even more. Check out what the WOW Air experience was like when TPG’s Brendan Dorsey flew it and when Managing Editor Alberto Riva flew its biz product.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.