WOW Air Brings Back $69 One-Way Flights to Iceland; From $169 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Budget travelers, rejoice. WOW Air is bringing back its $69 one-way flights to Reykjavik, Iceland, for a limited-time only — including parts of summer and early fall travel.
As part of its latest promotion, WOW Air is offering $69 one-way flights from select US cities to Reykjavik (KEF). To book as part of this sale at reduced fares, you must be originating in any of the following cities: Baltimore (BWI), Chicago (ORD), Cleveland (CLE), Cincinnati (CVG), Detroit (DTW), New York (EWR and JFK), Dallas (DFW), St. Louis (STL), Pittsburgh (PIT), Boston (BOS), San Francisco (SFO) or Los Angeles (LAX).
In order to get the cheapest fares, travel must be completed between May 1-June 20, 2018, and September 1-October 27, 2018. There’s no telling how long these fares will be around, so it’ll be better to book sooner rather than later. Note that we’re only finding the cheapest fares on round-trip tickets — not one-way.
Here are some examples of what you can book, directly on wowair.com:
New York (EWR) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $169 round-trip:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $169 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $189 round-trip:
Baltimore (BWI) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $229 round-trip:
Keep in mind that WOW Air is a low-cost carrier, meaning you’ll pay fees for things that are usually free. Fees you’ll pay range from meals to seat assignments to checked baggage and more. So, while the fare may seem too good to pass up, keep in mind that if you want to customize your trip, you’ll have to pay even more. Check out what the WOW Air experience was like when TPG’s Brendan Dorsey flew it and when Managing Editor Alberto Riva flew its biz product.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees