This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As we enter the second half of February, Hyatt has detailed its first World of Hyatt promotion for 2019. With the program’s first promotion of the year, members can earn up to 1,500 bonus points per night when staying with a number of properties in its portfolio.
Beginning Friday, World of Hyatt members can register for the promotion to earn 1,000 bonus points per night at more than 860 participating Hyatt, M life Rewards and Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties. Plus, members will earn an additional 500 bonus points per night when the night(s) are spent at one of more than 380 properties in the Hyatt Place or Hyatt House portfolios. You’ll start earning points per night beginning with your second eligible stay during the promotion.
So, members can earn a maximum of 1,500 bonus points per night at a number of Hyatt properties around the world. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the maximum 1,500 bonus points per night are worth $25.50 — not a bad investment on a hotel stay.
Where you can really get value, though, is by maximizing this promotion. Say, for example, you book a seven-night stay at a participating Hyatt House property. With this promotion, you’ll earn an additional 10,500 World of Hyatt points on top of the five Base Points you’ll earn per dollar spent. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the possible 10,500 points earned as part of this promotion are worth $178.50.
Keep in mind though that there is a cap on the number of points you can earn as part of this promotion. Hyatt’s placed that cap at 50 nights, meaning you can earn a maximum of 75,000 points just as part of this promo — 50,000 maximum from the per night bonus plus 25,000 maximum from the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House addition. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 75,000 points are worth $1,275. No matter where you stay, remember that you’ll also earn points per dollar spent.
In order to start earning bonus points as part of this promotion, you must register with your World of Hyatt number here. Registration must be completed by March 31, 2019, and eligible stays must be completed by May 15, 2019. Keep in mind that your qualifying nights will start counting with your second stay during the promotion period. So, you won’t start earning right away.
According to the terms and conditions, both cash and awards bookings are eligible for this promotion. You must provide your World of Hyatt number at the time of check-in for each stay, and bonus points will be posted within 2-3 weeks of a completed stay.
If you’re interested in earning even more World of Hyatt points, consider The World of Hyatt Credit Card, which is currently offering a sign-up bonus of up to 50,000 points. You’ll earn 25,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 within the first three months of account opening and an additional 25,000 points after spending $6,000 total within the first six months of account opening. Where the card could come in even more useful is when coupled with this promotion, as you’ll earn an additional 9x points per dollar on Hyatt stays (4x for using the card plus the standard 5x for all World of Hyatt members).
Featured photo courtesy Grand Hyatt Kauai.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
- Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points - 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn an additional 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend a total of $6,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening - free nights start at 5,000 points
- Receive 1 free night every year after your cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year
- Get automatic World of Hyatt Elite status for as long as your account is open and 5 qualifying night credits toward your next tier status every year
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards your next tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn 9 points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4 Bonus Points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- Plus, earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships