Hyatt Offering Double Elite Status Credit at All-Inclusive Ziva and Zilara Properties
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Hyatt’s on a roll: in addition to news of its expanded hotel options, they’ve just announced their newest promotion — from now until November 23, 2019, members can receive double the credits toward World of Hyatt elite status qualification for stays at any of Hyatt’s all-inclusive resorts under the Ziva and Zilara brands. While this may not be a reason to go out of your way to book one of these properties, it’s still a nice boost for those with existing plans to visit.
Let’s take a closer look.
- Register now through October 31, 2019.
- Stay between August 1, 2019 and November 23, 2019.
- Promotion awards 2x nights per qualifying night — the extra award will specifically count toward milestone benefits that require a certain number of nights, such as club lounge access awards and suite upgrade awards.
- Stay must be booked at an eligible rate, which includes free night awards.
Hyatt’s Ziva (family-friendly) and Zilara (adults-only) hotels can represent some really good value for points, offering full-service amenities across a number of properties, with redemptions starting at just 20,000 points/night. That being said, we here at TPG have reviewed a number of their properties and found that quality can vary dramatically — so be sure to do your research before you spend.
Since Hyatt is granting credit for even free night awards, this could be a way to accelerate your elite status qualification without a large outlay of cash. This should also stack with Hyatt’s current 10% rebate promotion for holders of the World of Hyatt Credit Card. This would drop the effective price of these properties to just 18,000 — 22,500 points per night, though note that you must have enough points to cover the entire redemption. The 10% rebate is then refunded after the stay.
If you’re running low on Hyatt points, keep in mind that Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfer to World of Hyatt at a 1:1 ratio, and there are a number of sign-up bonuses that can score you a stash of points before this promotion ends:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 in the first three months from account opening. Earn 3x points on all travel and dining purchases.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening. Earn 2x points on travel and 3x points on dining purchases.
- Ink Business Preferred Credit Card: 100,000 bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. Earn 3x points on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year.
Also note that if you have one (or more) of the above cards, you can combine your Ultimate Rewards points into a single account. This then allows you to effectively convert the cash-back earnings on the following cards into fully-transferable points:
- Chase Freedom: (No longer open to new applicants) Earn a $150 bonus (which can become 15,000 Ultimate Rewards points by holding one of the above cards) after you spend $500 on purchases in your first three months from account opening. Earn 5x points on rotating bonus categories up to $1,500 in combined purchases each quarter you activate.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited: Earn 1.5% cash back (1.5x points) on purchases
- Ink Business Cash Credit Card: Earn $750 cash back (75,000 points) after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first three months after account opening. Earn 5% cash back (5x points) on up to $25,000 in combined purchases at office supply stores and telecommunications providers and 2% cash back on up to $25,000 in combined purchases at restaurants and gas stations.
- Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card: Earn $750 cash back (75,000 points) after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first three months after account opening. Earn 1.5% cash back (1.5x points) on all purchases.
The information for the Chase Freedom has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you have an upcoming stay at one of these properties, be sure to register for the promotion today
Featured photo by Melanie Lieberman / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!