Woman Has Epic Meltdown at the Fort Lauderdale Airport in Viral Video
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s a universal affliction for travelers: the dreaded flight delay. They might make you want to scream, throw things, maybe punch a wall or two, craft some angry tweets — we’ve all been there. However, most of us manage to keep it together in such situations. And then, there is the woman at the JetBlue desk at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), who, when faced with a delay, had a meltdown of epic proportions.
It might not be a competition of “who hates delays the most,” but if it were — this woman, who has yet to be identified, definitely takes the cake. The incident occurred on Sunday at FLL, when a computer error caused her flight to be delayed 10 hours. The woman was captured on video lifting herself up on the help desk by her arms and shouting a string of insults and complaints at a JetBlue staff member.
“Who does that to a woman like me?” She said. And then she added, yelling: “Get me out of here!”
She even goes on to call the staff member a “rapist” and claim she had a gun. Then, she picks up her bag and storms away. The incident was captured on video by Dre London. Watch it for yourself here:
The “end of the chaos,” according to London, came when Broward County Police were called by airport staff to subdue the woman. This part of the saga can also been seen on London’s Instagram post. As for the fallout, a spokesperson from JetBlue Corporate Communications told Yahoo! Lifestyle that despite the effort, the woman was denied boarding because there were some “indications of intoxication and [she] became disruptive.” No kidding.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.