Woman Has Epic Meltdown at the Fort Lauderdale Airport in Viral Video
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s a universal affliction for travelers: the dreaded flight delay. They might make you want to scream, throw things, maybe punch a wall or two, craft some angry tweets — we’ve all been there. However, most of us manage to keep it together in such situations. And then, there is the woman at the JetBlue desk at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), who, when faced with a delay, had a meltdown of epic proportions.
It might not be a competition of “who hates delays the most,” but if it were — this woman, who has yet to be identified, definitely takes the cake. The incident occurred on Sunday at FLL, when a computer error caused her flight to be delayed 10 hours. The woman was captured on video lifting herself up on the help desk by her arms and shouting a string of insults and complaints at a JetBlue staff member.
“Who does that to a woman like me?” She said. And then she added, yelling: “Get me out of here!”
She even goes on to call the staff member a “rapist” and claim she had a gun. Then, she picks up her bag and storms away. The incident was captured on video by Dre London. Watch it for yourself here:
The “end of the chaos,” according to London, came when Broward County Police were called by airport staff to subdue the woman. This part of the saga can also been seen on London’s Instagram post. As for the fallout, a spokesperson from JetBlue Corporate Communications told Yahoo! Lifestyle that despite the effort, the woman was denied boarding because there were some “indications of intoxication and [she] became disruptive.” No kidding.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees