Here’s how you can sleep in a chocolate factory for just $128 a night
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You don’t need to be named Charlie or Willy to book a room at this new hotel.
The Wilbur Lititz — the newest hotel in the Tapestry Collection by Hilton — has a particularly toothsome history as a former chocolate factory. And even though the Wilbur Lititz won’t be able to fulfill your childhood fantasies of chocolate rivers and golden geese in real life, you can assuage your cravings at the nearby Wilbur Chocolate Museum, the Julius Sturgis Pretzel Bakery or the Wilbur Market food hall next door.
The new hotel is in the building that formerly housed the Wilbur Chocolate brand, founded in 1865 in Lititz, Pennsylvania. Then-Senator Barack Obama visited the factory in 2008, bringing national attention to this small-town attraction located about nine miles north of Lancaster.
The Wilbur Lititz is the first Pennsylvania hotel under the Tapestry Collection brand, with 74 guest rooms that offer views of historical Lititz between expanses of original exposed brick. Guests will also appreciate the one-of-a-kind artworks that pay homage to the building’s legacy as a former chocolate factory: images of the original facility as well as ads, signage and other relics of its past life. There’s also a full-service restaurant on the property, Blackworth, with an open concept kitchen, though chocolate is surprisingly absent from the menu (save for a cup of ice cream for dessert).
Tapestry Collection properties make up a small but growing number of boutique hotels that break away from the more traditional, uniform aesthetic of many other Hilton brands. Each property location is chosen with care, and the buildings and decor are crafted to tell an evocative story that reflects the hotel’s historical or cultural relevance. At the Wilbur Lititz, for instance, the original metal and wood beam accents of the 1930s factory have been preserved, and are an important part of the hotel’s industrial-design sensibility.
The Wilbur Lititz is currently open for guest stays. Room rates begin at $128 or 35,000 Hilton Honors points per night. Unless you’ve been told otherwise, golden tickets are not accepted for room payment.
Featured photo courtesy of Derek Ramsay.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees