The Widerøe ‘All-You-Can-Fly’ Pass in Norway Is Back
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Widerøe Airline is bringing back its annual all-you-can-fly passes. The latest Explore Norway promotion allows you to fly within Norway as much as you want for two weeks between the dates July 1 and August 31, 2018.
Widerøe, which is the largest regional airline in the Nordic nations, has 42 destinations in Norway. With the Explore Norway Ticket, you have the opportunity to fly more than four times between cities. Similar to last year’s promotion, travel is based within three zones: Zone Southern Norway, Zone Nordland and the Zone Finnmark, as shown in the image below. Widerøe has added a few more flights since last year, so now you can fly to Aberdeen, Billund, Gothenburg and Copenhagen.
You can choose between traveling in one zone, two zones or the whole of Norway. You buy the pass based on the number of zones you want to travel in. The base fare for travel within the first zone is $435, with a $77 rate for each added zone. The price breakdown is as follows:
If you’re planning to take advantage of this deal, note that tickets are non-refundable after the first flight is booked, and name change is not possible. However, you are free to change your itinerary within your travel period except for the first flight, and you can book up to two hours prior to departure.
Widerøe has the following main hubs in addition to its other destinations in Norway:
- Oslo Airport (OSL): Direct flights to the Fjords (Sogndal, Sandane, Florø, Førde and Ørsta/Volda), to Røros, to Helgeland (Brønnøysund, Mosjøen, Mo i Rana and Sandnessjøen) and to Lofoten (Leknes and Svolvær). Connections to Bergen via the Fjords.
- Sandefjord Airport (TRF): Flights to Bergen, Evenes, Trondheim, Stavanger and Copenhagen.
- Bergen Airport (BGO): Flights to all Widerøe destinations in Fjord Norway (Western Norway) and to Sandefjord, Kristiansand, Bodø and Tromsø.
- Trondheim Airport (TRD): Flights to and from Kristiansand, Sandefjord, Kristiansund, Rørvik, Namsos, Brønnøysund, Sandnessjøen, Mosjøen, Mo i Rana and Bodø.
- Bodø Airport (BOO): Flight to Helgeland, Lofoten, Vesterålen and Tromsø. Direct flights to Bergen.
- Tromsø Airport (TOS) Flights to all Widerøe destinations in Finnmark and to Sørkjosen, Andenes, Stokmarknes, Evenes and Bergen.
See why Norway is one of the top happiest countries in the world, and be sure to use one of these credit cards with no foreign transaction fees. Additionally, EuroBonus members are eligible to Basic EuroBonus-points as follows: 1 zone is 3,460 points, 2 zones is 4,070 points, 3 zones is 4,680 points. An extra week totals 2,040 points. Points will be registered when your journey is completed.
Featured Image by Dennis Fischer Photography// Getty Images.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee