This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Widerøe Airline is bringing back its annual all-you-can-fly passes. The latest Explore Norway promotion allows you to fly within Norway as much as you want for two weeks between the dates July 1 and August 31, 2018.
Widerøe, which is the largest regional airline in the Nordic nations, has 42 destinations in Norway. With the Explore Norway Ticket, you have the opportunity to fly more than four times between cities. Similar to last year’s promotion, travel is based within three zones: Zone Southern Norway, Zone Nordland and the Zone Finnmark, as shown in the image below. Widerøe has added a few more flights since last year, so now you can fly to Aberdeen, Billund, Gothenburg and Copenhagen.
You can choose between traveling in one zone, two zones or the whole of Norway. You buy the pass based on the number of zones you want to travel in. The base fare for travel within the first zone is $435, with a $77 rate for each added zone. The price breakdown is as follows:
If you’re planning to take advantage of this deal, note that tickets are non-refundable after the first flight is booked, and name change is not possible. However, you are free to change your itinerary within your travel period except for the first flight, and you can book up to two hours prior to departure.
Widerøe has the following main hubs in addition to its other destinations in Norway:
- Oslo Airport (OSL): Direct flights to the Fjords (Sogndal, Sandane, Florø, Førde and Ørsta/Volda), to Røros, to Helgeland (Brønnøysund, Mosjøen, Mo i Rana and Sandnessjøen) and to Lofoten (Leknes and Svolvær). Connections to Bergen via the Fjords.
- Sandefjord Airport (TRF): Flights to Bergen, Evenes, Trondheim, Stavanger and Copenhagen.
- Bergen Airport (BGO): Flights to all Widerøe destinations in Fjord Norway (Western Norway) and to Sandefjord, Kristiansand, Bodø and Tromsø.
- Trondheim Airport (TRD): Flights to and from Kristiansand, Sandefjord, Kristiansund, Rørvik, Namsos, Brønnøysund, Sandnessjøen, Mosjøen, Mo i Rana and Bodø.
- Bodø Airport (BOO): Flight to Helgeland, Lofoten, Vesterålen and Tromsø. Direct flights to Bergen.
- Tromsø Airport (TOS) Flights to all Widerøe destinations in Finnmark and to Sørkjosen, Andenes, Stokmarknes, Evenes and Bergen.
See why Norway is one of the top happiest countries in the world, and be sure to use one of these credit cards with no foreign transaction fees. Additionally, EuroBonus members are eligible to Basic EuroBonus-points as follows: 1 zone is 3,460 points, 2 zones is 4,070 points, 3 zones is 4,680 points. An extra week totals 2,040 points. Points will be registered when your journey is completed.
Featured Image by Dennis Fischer Photography// Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel