WestJet Shares Photos of First Dreamliner Assembly in Everett
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When it comes to Canadian airlines, Air Canada is almost always first to come to mind. But WestJet is about to jump in as a major player in the international market, as it begins to take delivery of its new long-haul fleet.
The airline has 10 787-9 Dreamliners on the way, with the option to add 10 more down the line. And WestJet’s first 787 is coming along nicely, beginning the final assembly process at Boeing’s Everett, Washington facility.
This first 787 should enter WestJet’s fleet early next year, with the aircraft’s inaugural passenger flight scheduled for April 28, 2019, replacing the carrier’s 767 and launching daily service from Calgary (YYC) to London-Gatwick (LGW). The Dreamliner will also fly from YYC to Paris (CDG), beginning May 17, and to Dublin (DUB) as of June 1, 2019. See this post for more details on WestJet’s initial Dreamliner destinations.
WestJet’s Dreamliner introduction will elevate the transatlantic experience, with brand-new 1-2-1 seats in business class, while hopefully driving down fares from Canada. Still, even if WestJet does exercise all of its 787 options, the airline’s Dreamliner fleet will fall short of Air Canada’s — the country’s flag carrier currently operates a total of 35 Boeing 787s, plus another 25 Boeing 777s, 8 Airbus A330s and a half-dozen 767-300s.
Featured image courtesy of WestJet via Twitter.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee