Welcoming the Boeing 747 with BOAC Livery, Virgin Galactic Reaches Space Again, Hilton’s Recent Member Growth and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
Current and former crew excitedly welcomed the plane at London’s Heathrow (LHR) airport.
It’s only a matter of time before the general public will be able to experience outer space, too.
During this period of growth, Hilton’s chief financial officer Kevin Jacobs said that “as long as they are great customers that engage with us. . . We want them in the system.”
Now that can’t be good.
From Nepal to Texas, here are six happening destinations to visit this month.
As reported by TPG’s Katherine Fan, 4% of the airline’s operations were halted based on FlightAware data.
TPG’s Managing Editor Alberto Riva breaks down what is and is not considered supersonic.
New things are coming for AA.
IHG has yet to release a name for the brand, but it’s said to fall in line with the “upper middle scale” of IHG’s other all-suite brands.
Breeze through security at these nine airlines that were just added to PreCheck.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.