This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you regularly joke (or you’re serious — we don’t judge) about quitting your job and moving to a desert island, we have some good news for you.
Bardsey Island off the coast of north Wales is looking for a full-time warden and a part-time assistant warden. They’ll live on the island together for three years, so it’s an ideal job for partners or two friends. The full-time position has a salary of £16,500 ($21,682), and the part-time pay is £8000 ($10,512), but accommodation and utilities are included.
As part of the job, you’ll be responsible for caring for and maintaining the island infrastructure, as well as welcoming visitors and representing the Trust. You have to be comfortable with both being alone for extended periods of time, and welcoming those guests during the warm summer months. You’ll also have to be physically fit and excited to work in the small island community. Since you’ll be surrounded by tons of wildlife, a love of animals and nature is definitely ideal here.
The only caveat? You have to be able to speak both Welsh and English. But if that — and the positions’ low salaries — don’t bother you much, start packing your bags. Further information can be found here.
Feature image by tirc83/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards