We Just Found Your Dream Job — And It Involves a Secluded Welsh Island
If you regularly joke (or you’re serious — we don’t judge) about quitting your job and moving to a desert island, we have some good news for you.
Bardsey Island off the coast of north Wales is looking for a full-time warden and a part-time assistant warden. They’ll live on the island together for three years, so it’s an ideal job for partners or two friends. The full-time position has a salary of £16,500 ($21,682), and the part-time pay is £8000 ($10,512), but accommodation and utilities are included.
As part of the job, you’ll be responsible for caring for and maintaining the island infrastructure, as well as welcoming visitors and representing the Trust. You have to be comfortable with both being alone for extended periods of time, and welcoming those guests during the warm summer months. You’ll also have to be physically fit and excited to work in the small island community. Since you’ll be surrounded by tons of wildlife, a love of animals and nature is definitely ideal here.
The only caveat? You have to be able to speak both Welsh and English. But if that — and the positions’ low salaries — don’t bother you much, start packing your bags. Further information can be found here.
Feature image by tirc83/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.