This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you regularly joke (or you’re serious — we don’t judge) about quitting your job and moving to a desert island, we have some good news for you.
Bardsey Island off the coast of north Wales is looking for a full-time warden and a part-time assistant warden. They’ll live on the island together for three years, so it’s an ideal job for partners or two friends. The full-time position has a salary of £16,500 ($21,682), and the part-time pay is £8000 ($10,512), but accommodation and utilities are included.
As part of the job, you’ll be responsible for caring for and maintaining the island infrastructure, as well as welcoming visitors and representing the Trust. You have to be comfortable with both being alone for extended periods of time, and welcoming those guests during the warm summer months. You’ll also have to be physically fit and excited to work in the small island community. Since you’ll be surrounded by tons of wildlife, a love of animals and nature is definitely ideal here.
The only caveat? You have to be able to speak both Welsh and English. But if that — and the positions’ low salaries — don’t bother you much, start packing your bags. Further information can be found here.
Feature image by tirc83/Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees