Video: Water Main Bursts on Carnival Cruise Ship, Gushing Water Into Cabins
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you’re on a cruise ship, one of the most terrifying scenes to see is water gushing into your room. That nightmare is exactly what happened to guests on-board the Carnival Dream this past Thursday when an issue with the fire suppression system caused significant flooding to parts of the ship.
One of the passengers recorded the flooding and posted it to Facebook from the ship:
Video of the cleanup in the aftermath was also posted on Facebook:
Although the video looks bad, it was reported that only 50 guest rooms were affected on just one of the ship’s decks (deck 9), and significant progress has been made to clean up the mess. According to a statement from Carnival, the “onboard teams began cleanup immediately related to this clean water from a fire suppression system.” The cruise ship operator provided a photo of repairs being done in the wake of the flooding.
Passengers are still onboard the ship, which departed New Orleans last Sunday. Those affected by the flooding were given the opportunity to fly home on Friday rather than finish the cruise. According to Carnival, the affected passengers will receive a 100% refund of their cruise purchase price and be given a 50% credit toward a future Carnival cruise.
Carnival notes that the cleanup should be complete before the ship’s next departure, meaning that future passengers won’t be affected by the flooding.
Featured image from Facebook video by Maria DeAnn Haase.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.