Video: Water Main Bursts on Carnival Cruise Ship, Gushing Water Into Cabins
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you’re on a cruise ship, one of the most terrifying scenes to see is water gushing into your room. That nightmare is exactly what happened to guests on-board the Carnival Dream this past Thursday when an issue with the fire suppression system caused significant flooding to parts of the ship.
One of the passengers recorded the flooding and posted it to Facebook from the ship:
Video of the cleanup in the aftermath was also posted on Facebook:
Although the video looks bad, it was reported that only 50 guest rooms were affected on just one of the ship’s decks (deck 9), and significant progress has been made to clean up the mess. According to a statement from Carnival, the “onboard teams began cleanup immediately related to this clean water from a fire suppression system.” The cruise ship operator provided a photo of repairs being done in the wake of the flooding.
Passengers are still onboard the ship, which departed New Orleans last Sunday. Those affected by the flooding were given the opportunity to fly home on Friday rather than finish the cruise. According to Carnival, the affected passengers will receive a 100% refund of their cruise purchase price and be given a 50% credit toward a future Carnival cruise.
Carnival notes that the cleanup should be complete before the ship’s next departure, meaning that future passengers won’t be affected by the flooding.
Featured image from Facebook video by Maria DeAnn Haase.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees