Video: Water Main Bursts on Carnival Cruise Ship, Gushing Water Into Cabins
When you’re on a cruise ship, one of the most terrifying scenes to see is water gushing into your room. That nightmare is exactly what happened to guests on-board the Carnival Dream this past Thursday when an issue with the fire suppression system caused significant flooding to parts of the ship.
One of the passengers recorded the flooding and posted it to Facebook from the ship:
Video of the cleanup in the aftermath was also posted on Facebook:
Although the video looks bad, it was reported that only 50 guest rooms were affected on just one of the ship’s decks (deck 9), and significant progress has been made to clean up the mess. According to a statement from Carnival, the “onboard teams began cleanup immediately related to this clean water from a fire suppression system.” The cruise ship operator provided a photo of repairs being done in the wake of the flooding.
Passengers are still onboard the ship, which departed New Orleans last Sunday. Those affected by the flooding were given the opportunity to fly home on Friday rather than finish the cruise. According to Carnival, the affected passengers will receive a 100% refund of their cruise purchase price and be given a 50% credit toward a future Carnival cruise.
Carnival notes that the cleanup should be complete before the ship’s next departure, meaning that future passengers won’t be affected by the flooding.
Featured image from Facebook video by Maria DeAnn Haase.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.