Watch Two Planes Collide on the Ground at Tel Aviv Airport
Two planes collided on the ground at Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv as they were pushing away from their gates and preparing for departure. There were no injuries reported, but the two planes, which were both filled with passengers, were evacuated after the collision.
A Germania flight set to to take off from Tel Aviv for Berlin collided with an El Al plane headed for Rome as it was pushed out from its terminal. A video shows the Germania plane backed into the El Al plane, which was stationary at the time.
The video shows the two planes pulling apart after they collided. Before the planes were pulled apart, the tail fins of the two planes appear to be stuck together. After the German Boeing 737-700 pulled away, you can see extensive damage to its vertical stabilizer. Initial reports claim that the person responsible for the incident is the driver of the tow truck who pushed the Germania plane from its terminal. An official investigation has been launched to establish how the incident occurred, according to airport officials.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.