This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers in the waiting area of a Philippines airport experienced some unexpected excitement Sunday. Video from bystander Leon Quintos Añover at Daniel Z. Romualdez Airport in Tacloban (TAC) shows travelers screaming, laughing and hopping up onto chairs to get away from a black sidewinding snake, which appears to be just as terrified of them. Amid the commotion, airport officials were able to corral the snake into a large plastic trash bag using a pole.
Nobody seems to know where the snake came from or can identify its species, and TPG has not been able to verify what happened to the snake afterward. Commenters on Añover’s Facebook post have speculated that someone may have been trying to smuggle the reptile to Manila for sale, although it’s also possible that the animal just found its own way into the building.
It’s been a snake-filled week for international airports: On Tuesday, a Russian airport quarantined 20 live snakes hand-carried by a traveler from Dusseldorf, Germany.
Featured photo from Shutterstock.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards