Watch Nolinor Aviation Cargo Plane Land on an Ice-Covered Lake
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This video takes us to Matthews Lake, where a 737 landed directly on the ice-covered body of water on Monday. The cargo plane that landed on the iced-over lake belonged to Nolinor Aviation.
Based at Mirabel in Québec, Nolinor is the largest airline carrier offering specialized commercial charter flights in Canada. The carrier prides itself on having some of the only aircraft that can land on gravel runways and ice strips, as well as short and narrow runways. In 2016, Nolinor added a Boeing 737-300 aircraft to its current fleet of 737-200s. Nolinor Aviation has the biggest fleet of gravel-approved Boeing 737-200 aircraft in the world, in addition to the Convair 580 and a Learjet 31A.
The carrier transports both cargo and passengers across all regions throughout Canada, the US and multiple other destinations around the world. As shown in the video below, some of these destinations include remote areas with gravel and ice runways.
Check out the video below of [one of their] 737-200s (C-GNRD) landing directly on an ice-covered Mathews Lake in Ontario. According to Nolinor’s Twitter, it is probably the first time ever a jet landed there.
— Nolinor Aviation (@nolinoraviation) April 16, 2018
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.