Watch Nolinor Aviation Cargo Plane Land on an Ice-Covered Lake
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This video takes us to Matthews Lake, where a 737 landed directly on the ice-covered body of water on Monday. The cargo plane that landed on the iced-over lake belonged to Nolinor Aviation.
Based at Mirabel in Québec, Nolinor is the largest airline carrier offering specialized commercial charter flights in Canada. The carrier prides itself on having some of the only aircraft that can land on gravel runways and ice strips, as well as short and narrow runways. In 2016, Nolinor added a Boeing 737-300 aircraft to its current fleet of 737-200s. Nolinor Aviation has the biggest fleet of gravel-approved Boeing 737-200 aircraft in the world, in addition to the Convair 580 and a Learjet 31A.
The carrier transports both cargo and passengers across all regions throughout Canada, the US and multiple other destinations around the world. As shown in the video below, some of these destinations include remote areas with gravel and ice runways.
Check out the video below of [one of their] 737-200s (C-GNRD) landing directly on an ice-covered Mathews Lake in Ontario. According to Nolinor’s Twitter, it is probably the first time ever a jet landed there.
— Nolinor Aviation (@nolinoraviation) April 16, 2018
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees