Watch the Largest Operating Aircraft in the World Take Flight (Video)
Nothing can bring out your inner AvGeek quite like the thrust of the Antonov An-225’s six — yes, six — engines ripping down a runway and slowly taking flight.
For the first time, the Antonov Company is offering a fresh perspective on the largest operating aircraft in the world. While looking inside the massive interior of the cargo lifter is impressive on its own, watching the behemoth take off from the ground and its 32 wheels is a true wonder of modern aviation.
In a video uploaded to the company’s YouTube channel on Thursday, you can watch the An-225 take flight from Chimore Airport (CCA) in Bolivia from the perspective of its rear stabilizer.
In total, the An-225 stretches 290 feet from wingtip to wingtip and 276 feet from nose to tail. To put that in perspective, the An-225 is 22.5 feet wider than what you’ll find on the Airbus A380.
Featured image by JT Genter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.