This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You might recognize this desert landscape from films such “The Martian,” “Transformers,” “The Red Planet” and “Prometheus,” just to name a few. Now you can get a glimpse of the “Mars on Earth” experience firsthand at the Sun City Camp hotel in Jordan.
Located in the heart of Jordan‘s Wadi Rum desert, the Sun City Camp hotel offers its guests a stay in a “martian dome”— spaceship-like tents made of glass walls. Custom-made in Germany for Sun City Camp, the martian dome covers 430 square feet and is large enough to accommodate up to four guests.
There are currently 162 tented camp domes in Wadi Rum desert, according to CNN, and the domes includes a bathroom with a shower, air conditioning, a personal terrace and panoramic views of the desert and surrounding mountains.
The camp’s CEO and Owner Sultan Al-Nawafleh told CNN that the domes have magically transformed the Wadi Rum experience.
“When we began setting up the design (of the camp), it seemed as if the scenery around the domes with the vast desert was taken directly from the movie,” Al-Nawafleh said to CNN. “We thought instead of going to Mars, you can come see it here in Wadi Rum.”
TPG himself took a similar glamping trip to the Wadi Rum desert, and he found it to be one of the most unique hotel experiences he’d ever had, especially for a peaceful getaway for a night or two.
In addition to the scenic views, Sun City Camp provides its guest with a variety of activities, including Arabian horseback and camel riding, jeep tours and dune drives, hot air ballooning, star gazing and rock climbing. A one-night stay, including breakfast and dinner, costs about $320, CNN reports. Prices may vary upon request.
Check out all that the Sun City Camp hotel has to offer and book a night using one of these hotel credit cards. Remember, if you book through Hotels.com, Capital One Venture will get you 10x miles on hotel stay.
Featured Photo of Wadi Rum landscape by Westend61// Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards