Want a New York Strip Steak? Go to Asia
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s nothing new that American food is popping up in more and more corners of the world, but there’s a few things in particular that have recently caught our eye. Here’s a little round-up of some American restaurants that are popping up in Asia everywhere you turn. Disclaimer: You may want to eat a little something before reading the rest of this.
Shake Shack recently announced that they’ll be opening up shop in the Philippines in spring 2019. On your next trip there, get the Shack Stack and a side of fries, and thank us later. Oh, and don’t @ us on this, either: It is miles better than In-N-Out. End of discussion.
Another New York favorite — and institution — Peter Luger is opening up its first location outside of the Big Apple, and it’s not even in this side of the world. Any guesses as to where it will be? You have five seconds. Four. Three. Two. One.
Tokyo. While this one came a little bit out of left field, fourth-generation co-owners David Berson and Daniel Turtel say that they’re going to take their time with it and are aiming for an opening date of 2020.
Meanwhile, at KFC in China, they’re eating chicken tacos. In a world with cronuts, sushi burritos, and ramen burgers, this was bound to happen sooner or later. It’s exactly what it sounds like: Lettuce and salsa wrapped inside fried chicken.
On the flip side, iconic dim sum spot and Hong Kong original, Tim Ho Wan, will be opening up at the Palms Casino Resort in the later half of next year.
Like we said, you’re going to get hungry while reading this. While we definitely support eating the local cuisine so you can get a taste (no pun intended) of a country’s culture, know that you now have some more options when you really just need some red meat.
Featured image courtesy of Peter Luger.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees