ANA Lets Flyers Vote on Upcoming Economy and Premium Economy Meals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Unless you’re flying internationally in a premium cabin, meal options on flights barely pass the test of being appetizing. But if you wan’t to take back a bit of control in the flying process, at least when it comes to what you eat while you’re stuck in a metal tube, then ANA’s annual stunt is for you.
The Japanese airline announced its sixth annual In-Flight Meal General Election where travelers can vote on their favorite curry-themed dish that will be served on future ANA flights.
From Oct. 19 to Oct. 28, the public can vote on their favorite curry from a selection of nine. From there, ANA will announce the top picks in November. Then, from March through May 2019, the winning meals will be served in economy and premium economy cabins on select international flights departing from Japan.
Voters will be able to vote for their favorite curries, including seafood curry with oyster sauce or a curry pilaf, from this list.
While these meals don’t look a much more appealing than what you’d find on normal international economy flights, it’s nice that you can at least have a say in what you might eat. Regardless, all of our reviews of ANA economy and premium economy have given solid scores for ANA’s inflight food and beverage service.
Although the voting page doesn’t appear to be live yet, you can click here to vote when the contest is up and running on Friday, Oct. 19.
“We take our passengers’ opinions into great consideration,” said Yutaka Ito, executive vice president of ANA, in a statement. “ANA wants to give travelers the chance to try new dishes they will actually enjoy while traveling.”
The project is part of Tastes of Japan by ANA, which explores different regions of Japan’s culinary experience, this one focusing on Chugoku/Shikoku region’s local ingredients, said the airline.
Featured image by J. Keith van Straaten / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees