Delta Gives Passengers the Power to Pick Their Next Inflight Film via Twitter Polls
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As Delta’s social media team continues to show the rest of the aviation world how it’s done, the airline is turning to Twitter to decide a small part of its upcoming entertainment slate. Utilizing the Twitter Poll feature, Delta is giving passengers (and the world at large, really) a chance to chime in and influence a film that’ll be featured in its next wave of Delta Studio selections.
Currently, four films are up for voting, and with the holidays upcoming, it’s a chance to push your favorite to the top. There’s “Die Hard,” “Elf,” “New Year’s Eve” and “Home Alone.” (Not that we’re partial or anything, but our collective fingers are crossed that “Elf” takes the crown.)
The top film by total number of votes in the Twitter poll will be available for viewing on Delta Studio, the airline’s free in-flight entertainment system, throughout the month of December. It will be highlighted with a badge indicating its winning status as the top selection of Delta’s Twitter followers.
This new approach follows the success and response of customers to Delta’s first two movie polls, which garnered nearly 300,000 votes earlier this year. In July, Twitter users selected “Hocus Pocus” as their favorite Halloween flick, now available on Delta Studio throughout October. Last month, “The Breakfast Club” won in a 80s-themed vote and will be played in November.
While exact content varies by route, Delta Studio is free to all customers and offers up to 300 movies — including those recently released from theaters — and up to 80 foreign film titles, 550 TV shows, 12 channels of live satellite TV on select flights, podcasts, more than 2,500 songs and games like in-flight trivia. Oh, and learning sessions from LinkedIn, too.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees