Delta Gives Passengers the Power to Pick Their Next Inflight Film via Twitter Polls
As Delta’s social media team continues to show the rest of the aviation world how it’s done, the airline is turning to Twitter to decide a small part of its upcoming entertainment slate. Utilizing the Twitter Poll feature, Delta is giving passengers (and the world at large, really) a chance to chime in and influence a film that’ll be featured in its next wave of Delta Studio selections.
Currently, four films are up for voting, and with the holidays upcoming, it’s a chance to push your favorite to the top. There’s “Die Hard,” “Elf,” “New Year’s Eve” and “Home Alone.” (Not that we’re partial or anything, but our collective fingers are crossed that “Elf” takes the crown.)
The top film by total number of votes in the Twitter poll will be available for viewing on Delta Studio, the airline’s free in-flight entertainment system, throughout the month of December. It will be highlighted with a badge indicating its winning status as the top selection of Delta’s Twitter followers.
This new approach follows the success and response of customers to Delta’s first two movie polls, which garnered nearly 300,000 votes earlier this year. In July, Twitter users selected “Hocus Pocus” as their favorite Halloween flick, now available on Delta Studio throughout October. Last month, “The Breakfast Club” won in a 80s-themed vote and will be played in November.
While exact content varies by route, Delta Studio is free to all customers and offers up to 300 movies — including those recently released from theaters — and up to 80 foreign film titles, 550 TV shows, 12 channels of live satellite TV on select flights, podcasts, more than 2,500 songs and games like in-flight trivia. Oh, and learning sessions from LinkedIn, too.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.