This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the great perks of having an American Express card is Amex Offers, which are targeted offers that give cardholders a chance to earn cash back or bonus points for using their Amex card at certain merchants, like Starbucks, Amazon and many more.
Back in November, Chase launched its own version of Amex Offers, appropriately named Chase Offers. Only two cards received these offers: Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Card and Chase Slate. And sadly, that program only lasted five months, concluding on April 1.
But now, it Chase Offers is back with a new partnership. Chase and Hyatt are teaming up to give offers to The Hyatt Credit Card cardholders now through July 31. Existing cardholders should’ve received an email already notifying them of this new benefit.
Merchants: Users have to enter their location during registration “to find you the best offers.” It seems this will mean some are targeted for offers that others aren’t. However, Hyatt provided us a full list of the currently participating merchants:
- exhale Spa
Offers could vary from cardholder to cardholder, but we are seeing offers like “$15 back on your next purchase of $50 or more” at HelloFresh, “$10 back on your in-store purchase of $50 or more” at Lowe’s and “$20 back on your online purchase of $75 or more” at Boxed.com.
The terms and conditions note that it can take “three to ten business days for statement credits to appear on the statement” after your qualifying purchase.
While these aren’t huge wins, it’s always nice to see credit cards and credit card issuers add benefits — instead of removing them. And it’s possible that Chase and Hyatt will extend this program beyond July and that Chase will roll out Chase Offers to more Chase credit cards.
This is a card that TPG recommends to keep open year after year because of the free night you earn each year after your cardmember anniversary. Even though there is a $75 annual fee, the value of a free night at a category 1-4 property can be worth hundreds of dollars. You'll also receive Discoverist status as long as you are a cardholder, which will get you complimentary premium internet plus a free night once you stay at 5 different Hyatt brands.
- Earn 40,000 Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases with the Hyatt Credit Card in the first 3 months after account opening.
- Get 5,000 Bonus Points after you add an authorized user to your account and make a purchase with your card during the first 3 months as a cardmember.
- Plus, receive 1 free night every year after your cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort.
- Get Bonus Points on every purchase. Free nights start at just 5,000 points.
- 3 Bonus Points for every $1 spent at Hyatt hotels and resorts.
- 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines and at car rental agencies, Plus 1 Bonus Point per $1 spent on purchases elsewhere.
- Keep all the points you earn - your points do not expire as long as your Hyatt Credit Card account is open.
- As a Hyatt Cardmember, you'll enjoy Discoverist status in World of Hyatt for as long as your Hyatt Credit Card account is open.