Visa cardholders now get free delivery, concert tickets and other perks — here’s what to know
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you have Visa card in your wallet, you’ll now get access to several new services for a limited time.
Starting today, Visa’s U.S. consumer cardholders receive new perks from three companies: Shipt, Skillshare and Sofar Sounds. Here’s how that will work.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
What are the perks?
The exact type of Visa card you carry will determine what level of benefits you’ll receive. Regardless of the card, perks will come from three companies: Shipt, Skillshare, and Sofar Sounds.
Shipt provides delivery services in over 5,000 U.S. cities from over 130 retailers, such as Bed Bath & Beyond, CVS, Target, and more.
Meanwhile, Skillshare is an online learning community offering more than 30,000 classes with courses ranging from illustration, design, photography, video, freelancing, and more.
Finally, Sofar Sounds provide intimate concerts available in over 400 cities around the world.
What Visa Infinite cardholders get
Perhaps the most popular Visa Infinite-branded card in the U.S. is the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. In addition to the Sapphire Reserve and the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite® Card, there aren’t many other Visa Infinite cards that are easy to obtain.
Here are the new perks for Visa Infinite cardholders.
- Up to three years of free Shipt membership (normally $99 per year) with free delivery on orders $35+
- Free membership for three months plus 30% off annual renewals
- Enroll here.
- Seven-day Visa Exclusive Presale to Sofar- presented events, plus a free ticket with each purchase of one or more tickets to a show during the presale window.
- Enroll here.
The information for the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
What Visa Signature cardholders get
There are several ways to determine if you have a Visa Signature card.
First, many cards simply have it in their name (i.e. Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card or the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature). Another way to find out if you have a Visa Signature is by simply looking at it. Most cards have the “Visa Signature” label located somewhere on the physical card. This includes one of the most common Visa Signature cards, the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.
The information for the Amazon Prime Rewards card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are the new perks for Visa Signature cardholders.
- Three months of free membership, then nine months at 50% off with free delivery on orders $35+
- Free membership for three months plus 20% off annual renewals
- Enroll here.
- Seven-day Visa Exclusive Presale to Sofar events, plus a free ticket with each purchase of one or more tickets to a show during the presale window.
- Enroll here.
What all other Visa cardholders get
If you don’t have a Visa Signature or Infinite card, you’re not out of luck, either. Here are the new perks for all other Visa cardholders.
- One month of free membership, then three months at 50% off with free delivery on orders $35+
- Seven-day Visa Exclusive Presale to Sofar events, plus a free ticket with the purchase of one or more tickets to a show during the presale window (limit two free tickets per year)
- Enroll here.
While these aren’t the most lucrative perks in the world, these are new opportunities to try out services that you may not have used before. Even better, they are available to a wide swath of Visa cardholders.
Featured photo by Mike Pont/Getty Images for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees