Virgin Atlantic announces more flights from Manchester for summer 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As of summer 2020, Virgin Atlantic will be increasing its presence in Manchester. The carrier will be adding 43,000 extra seats on three routes departing from Manchester — an 11% capacity increase on services from the airport.
The frequency of flights will increase to three major destinations: Barbados (BGI), Las Vegas (LAS) and Orlando (MCO).
Throughout the entire summer 2020 season, flights to Barbados will increase from two to three per week — an additional 10,000 seats. Las Vegas will see an additional two flights per week — an extra 10,000 seats. The same can be said for Orlando, which will see up to 14 weekly flights during the peak of summer with 23,000 additional seats, as was originally announced in November.
After Gatwick (LGW) and Heathrow (LHR), Manchester is the third-largest base for Virgin Atlantic in terms both of passenger numbers and routes — providing connections to the US and the Caribbean for those living in the northwest of England and beyond.
The additional frequencies coincide with Virgin opening a new Clubhouse at the airport, set for this spring. In addition to these three routes, Virgin Atlantic also operates summer flights from MAN to Atlanta (ATL), Los Angeles (LAX) and New York (JFK).
Featured photo by Daniel Ross/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.