Virgin Atlantic announces more flights from Manchester for summer 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As of summer 2020, Virgin Atlantic will be increasing its presence in Manchester. The carrier will be adding 43,000 extra seats on three routes departing from Manchester — an 11% capacity increase on services from the airport.
The frequency of flights will increase to three major destinations: Barbados (BGI), Las Vegas (LAS) and Orlando (MCO).
Throughout the entire summer 2020 season, flights to Barbados will increase from two to three per week — an additional 10,000 seats. Las Vegas will see an additional two flights per week — an extra 10,000 seats. The same can be said for Orlando, which will see up to 14 weekly flights during the peak of summer with 23,000 additional seats, as was originally announced in November.
After Gatwick (LGW) and Heathrow (LHR), Manchester is the third-largest base for Virgin Atlantic in terms both of passenger numbers and routes — providing connections to the US and the Caribbean for those living in the northwest of England and beyond.
The additional frequencies coincide with Virgin opening a new Clubhouse at the airport, set for this spring. In addition to these three routes, Virgin Atlantic also operates summer flights from MAN to Atlanta (ATL), Los Angeles (LAX) and New York (JFK).
Featured photo by Daniel Ross/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees