Virgin Atlantic’s Pop-Up Pub in London Will Feature 230 US Craft Beers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The UK is known for its great pub scene with historical roots and beautiful architecture, but Virgin Atlantic and Delta Air Lines are adding a modern twist by launching a “pop up pub” in London. As a Delta partner, Virgin Atlantic, the London-based carrier, is able to fly to more than 200 destinations in the US and Canada and wants to celebrate with local craft beer from all over the States.
The pop-up pub, The Joint Venture, comes with a beer wall installation located at The Old Crown Public House and will be open from August 10 until August 19 from 12:00pm to 1:00am Sunday through Wednesday and 12:00pm to 3:00am Saturday through Thursday. This “trans-Atlantic” pub will feature beers starting at 4£ from all 230 US destinations, such as Boston, New Orleans and Atlanta. Virgin Atlantic is shipping more than 13 tons of beer for the pop-up pub, the airline said in an email.
There will be themed nights based on particular cities and quiz nights where customers have chances to win free flights. For example, in a blog post about Joint Venture, Virgin Atlantic wrote “Yankee-Doodle went to town, riding on a _______. If you know what goes in the blank, you’ll do great in our American-themed quiz night.”
Featured image via Virgin Atlantic Air.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.