Virgin Atlantic’s Pop-Up Pub in London Will Feature 230 US Craft Beers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The UK is known for its great pub scene with historical roots and beautiful architecture, but Virgin Atlantic and Delta Air Lines are adding a modern twist by launching a “pop up pub” in London. As a Delta partner, Virgin Atlantic, the London-based carrier, is able to fly to more than 200 destinations in the US and Canada and wants to celebrate with local craft beer from all over the States.
The pop-up pub, The Joint Venture, comes with a beer wall installation located at The Old Crown Public House and will be open from August 10 until August 19 from 12:00pm to 1:00am Sunday through Wednesday and 12:00pm to 3:00am Saturday through Thursday. This “trans-Atlantic” pub will feature beers starting at 4£ from all 230 US destinations, such as Boston, New Orleans and Atlanta. Virgin Atlantic is shipping more than 13 tons of beer for the pop-up pub, the airline said in an email.
There will be themed nights based on particular cities and quiz nights where customers have chances to win free flights. For example, in a blog post about Joint Venture, Virgin Atlantic wrote “Yankee-Doodle went to town, riding on a _______. If you know what goes in the blank, you’ll do great in our American-themed quiz night.”
Featured image via Virgin Atlantic Air.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees