Virgin Atlantic to Fly Its New A350 4 Times Daily to New York City
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As Virgin Atlantic continues to take delivery of its highly anticipated new Airbus A350 aircraft, featuring the all-new Upper Class product, the airline has announced it will continue to dedicate this aircraft to its flagship New York (JFK) route.
While competitor British Airways has decided to deploy its new A350 on various routes, including Dubai, Toronto, Tel Aviv and Bangalore, Virgin is concentrating its A350s to a single route between London Heathrow (LHR) and New York (JFK).
The airline continues to adjust its New York schedule, with A350 services regularly swapping flight numbers over the course the rest of the year. While it’s likely these adjustments will continue, Routes Online reports that from December 9, 2019, the following daily frequency will also be A350-operated:
- VS45 London (LHR) 2:35 p.m. Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 5:30 p.m. Arrival
- VS46 New York (JFK) 8 p.m. Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 7:55 a.m. Arrival (+1)
This will complement the other three daily A350 services on the route at that time:
- VS3 London (LHR) 8:50 a.m. Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 11:45 a.m. Arrival
- VS137 London (LHR) 12:30 p.m. Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 3:20 p.m. Arrival (Tuesday service not operated by A350)
- VS9 London (LHR) 3:55 p.m. Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 6:55 p.m. Arrival
- VS4 New York (JFK) 6:30 p.m. Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 6:30 a.m. (+1) Arrival
- VS10 New York (JFK) 10 p.m. Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 9:50 a.m. (+1) Arrival
- VS138 New York (JFK) 7 p.m. Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 7:20 a.m. (+1) Arrival
If you are keen to try out this new product, look for ‘A350’ or ‘A351’ as the aircraft type when booking your flights — and note these are subject to change. Here’s how you can book this product with miles and points.
If your flight does change from an A350 back to another aircraft type with the older (current) Upper Class product, you may wish to contact Virgin directly to explain the issue and see if you can switch to another flight.
Stay tuned for a full TPG review of Virgin’s new A350 product as soon as it commences operations.
Featured image courtesy of Airbus
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees