Virgin Atlantic to Fly Its New A350 4 Times Daily to New York City
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As Virgin Atlantic continues to take delivery of its highly anticipated new Airbus A350 aircraft, featuring the all-new Upper Class product, the airline has announced it will continue to dedicate this aircraft to its flagship New York (JFK) route.
While competitor British Airways has decided to deploy its new A350 on various routes, including Dubai, Toronto, Tel Aviv and Bangalore, Virgin is concentrating its A350s to a single route between London Heathrow (LHR) and New York (JFK).
The airline continues to adjust its New York schedule, with A350 services regularly swapping flight numbers over the course the rest of the year. While it’s likely these adjustments will continue, Routes Online reports that from December 9, 2019, the following daily frequency will also be A350-operated:
- VS45 London (LHR) 2:35 p.m. Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 5:30 p.m. Arrival
- VS46 New York (JFK) 8 p.m. Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 7:55 a.m. Arrival (+1)
This will complement the other three daily A350 services on the route at that time:
- VS3 London (LHR) 8:50 a.m. Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 11:45 a.m. Arrival
- VS137 London (LHR) 12:30 p.m. Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 3:20 p.m. Arrival (Tuesday service not operated by A350)
- VS9 London (LHR) 3:55 p.m. Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 6:55 p.m. Arrival
- VS4 New York (JFK) 6:30 p.m. Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 6:30 a.m. (+1) Arrival
- VS10 New York (JFK) 10 p.m. Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 9:50 a.m. (+1) Arrival
- VS138 New York (JFK) 7 p.m. Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 7:20 a.m. (+1) Arrival
If you are keen to try out this new product, look for ‘A350’ or ‘A351’ as the aircraft type when booking your flights — and note these are subject to change. Here’s how you can book this product with miles and points.
If your flight does change from an A350 back to another aircraft type with the older (current) Upper Class product, you may wish to contact Virgin directly to explain the issue and see if you can switch to another flight.
Stay tuned for a full TPG review of Virgin’s new A350 product as soon as it commences operations.
Featured image courtesy of Airbus
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.