Virgin Atlantic unveils Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge livery on a Boeing 747
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
May the Force be with… Virgin Atlantic. The British carrier on Wednesday became the latest airline to outfit one of its aircraft in a Star Wars-themed livery to celebrate the new Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge attraction at Disney World in Orlando.
After having left its hangar at London’s Gatwick Airport (LGW) with its new plane wrap job, the Boeing 747 will reenter service Wednesday on a flight from LGW to Orlando (MCO).
Renamed “The Falcon,” the aircraft is an 18-year-old Boeing 747-400 that was first delivered to Virgin Atlantic in May 2001. According to PlaneSpotters.net, the aircraft was originally named “Hot Lips” before taking on a Harry Potter sticker between May 2010 and January 2011.
According to flight-tracking site FlightRadar24, the aircraft flew from MCO to LGW on Sept. 14. Since then, it’s undergone its wrap job — you can watch a timelapse of the aircraft getting its new plane wrap below.
To celebrate its new livery, Virgin Holidays has launched a social media competition for the chance to win two seats on board the airline’s Ultimate Star Wars Experience between Feb. 15 and Feb. 22. If you spot the aircraft, share a photo on Instagram with the tag #TheFalcon before Oct. 9 in order to enter to win. You can find full details of the competition on the Virgin Holidays website.
Virgin becomes the latest carrier to turn one of its aircraft into a flying ad for Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge. Earlier this week, LATAM unveiled its special livery for the attraction, joining the likes of United Airlines and ANA.
All photos courtesy of Virgin Atlantic.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.