This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For one flight only, Virgin Atlantic is operating UK’s the first-ever “Pride Flight” — an on board, in-air extravaganza to celebrate LGBTQ+ pride all the way from London to New York. It’s operating as a standard revenue flight, and tickets are on sale right now.
The Pride Flight is intended to be an all-out celebration of “celebration of queer culture 38,000 feet above the Atlantic.” All crew on board the Pride Flight are members of the LGBTQ+ community — from the cabin crew to the pilots. The flight will be hosted by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt favorite (and Broadway giant), Titus Burgess.
“At a time when we’re seeing the rights of minority groups under threat, it is more important than ever we stand up and make our voices heard,” Burgess said.
The Pride Flight will depart from London Heathrow Airport (LHR) to Newark International Airport (EWR) on June 28, 2019. A one-way ticket starts at £380, and you should call Virgin Atlantic at 0344-209-7777 in order to book. Alternatively, you can book a three-night package with Virgin Holidays including accommodations in NYC, starting at £699 — call to book at 0344-557-3859. For more information on the packages available, visit Virgin Atlantic’s site.
Burgess and crew will also be accompanied by Pride-friendly inflight entertainment such as an onboard DJ, Drag Queen Bingo, a Judy Garland singalong and inter-seat speed dating. Virgin will also be donating a portion of ticket sales to The Attitude Magazine Foundation in addition to onboard raffles and fundraising.
Featured Image by James D. Morgan / Contributor via Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards