Virgin Atlantic Presents Its First-Ever ‘Pride Flight’ — and You Can Be on Board
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For one flight only, Virgin Atlantic is operating UK’s the first-ever “Pride Flight” — an on board, in-air extravaganza to celebrate LGBTQ+ pride all the way from London to New York. It’s operating as a standard revenue flight, and tickets are on sale right now.
The Pride Flight is intended to be an all-out celebration of “celebration of queer culture 38,000 feet above the Atlantic.” All crew on board the Pride Flight are members of the LGBTQ+ community — from the cabin crew to the pilots. The flight will be hosted by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt favorite (and Broadway giant), Titus Burgess.
“At a time when we’re seeing the rights of minority groups under threat, it is more important than ever we stand up and make our voices heard,” Burgess said.
The Pride Flight will depart from London Heathrow Airport (LHR) to Newark International Airport (EWR) on June 28, 2019. A one-way ticket starts at £380, and you should call Virgin Atlantic at 0344-209-7777 in order to book. Alternatively, you can book a three-night package with Virgin Holidays including accommodations in NYC, starting at £699 — call to book at 0344-557-3859. For more information on the packages available, visit Virgin Atlantic’s site.
Burgess and crew will also be accompanied by Pride-friendly inflight entertainment such as an onboard DJ, Drag Queen Bingo, a Judy Garland singalong and inter-seat speed dating. Virgin will also be donating a portion of ticket sales to The Attitude Magazine Foundation in addition to onboard raffles and fundraising.
Featured Image by James D. Morgan / Contributor via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees