This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For one flight only, Virgin Atlantic is operating UK’s the first-ever “Pride Flight” — an on board, in-air extravaganza to celebrate LGBTQ+ pride all the way from London to New York. It’s operating as a standard revenue flight, and tickets are on sale right now.
The Pride Flight is intended to be an all-out celebration of “celebration of queer culture 38,000 feet above the Atlantic.” All crew on board the Pride Flight are members of the LGBTQ+ community — from the cabin crew to the pilots. The flight will be hosted by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt favorite (and Broadway giant), Titus Burgess.
“At a time when we’re seeing the rights of minority groups under threat, it is more important than ever we stand up and make our voices heard,” Burgess said.
The Pride Flight will depart from London Heathrow Airport (LHR) to Newark International Airport (EWR) on June 28, 2019. A one-way ticket starts at £380, and you should call Virgin Atlantic at 0344-209-7777 in order to book. Alternatively, you can book a three-night package with Virgin Holidays including accommodations in NYC, starting at £699 — call to book at 0344-557-3859. For more information on the packages available, visit Virgin Atlantic’s site.
Burgess and crew will also be accompanied by Pride-friendly inflight entertainment such as an onboard DJ, Drag Queen Bingo, a Judy Garland singalong and inter-seat speed dating. Virgin will also be donating a portion of ticket sales to The Attitude Magazine Foundation in addition to onboard raffles and fundraising.
Featured Image by James D. Morgan / Contributor via Getty Images
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees