Virgin Atlantic Joins Worldwide by easyJet Partner Network
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Atlantic is the latest airline to join Worldwide by easyJet program, which allows travelers to plan itineraries on both airlines through a single booking. The partnership was announced Tuesday.
Where travel convenience is involved, London Gatwick (LGW)-based easyJet clearly believes in the buddy system. Virgin joins Norwegian, WestJet, Thomas Cook Airlines, Corsair, La Compagnie, Aurigny and Loganair in the Worldwide by easyJet network, which launched in 2017. Worldwide is easyJet’s alternative to overextending its financial resources to purchase planes and launch long-haul routes of its own. The service teamed up with inaugural partners Norwegian Air and WestJet to combine international flights from those airlines with easyJet’s own European short-haul routes in a single booking.
The concept has taken off, and easyJet’s network now boasts more than half a dozen partner airlines, reaching more than 100 destinations in far-flung locales. easyJet has also expanded its connection hubs to Berlin Tegel (TXL), Venice Marco Polo (VCE), Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS), Paris Charles De Gaulle (CDG) and Orly (ORY) and Edinburgh (EDI).
Singapore Airlines is easyJet’s next confirmed partnership, which will allow European travelers to access Southeast Asia via Milan (MXP). easyJet is also negotiating with additional carriers in the Middle East and Asia.
Each Virgin/easyJet partner itinerary will include a 2.5-hour “minimum connection time,” giving passengers a little more wiggle room when trying to navigate connections on different airlines. Under specific circumstances, travelers will also have the option to transfer to the next available flight, although neither airline will hold flights for tardy connections.
Featured photo by Virgin Atlantic.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.