Virgin Atlantic Joins Worldwide by easyJet Partner Network
Virgin Atlantic is the latest airline to join Worldwide by easyJet program, which allows travelers to plan itineraries on both airlines through a single booking. The partnership was announced Tuesday.
Where travel convenience is involved, London Gatwick (LGW)-based easyJet clearly believes in the buddy system. Virgin joins Norwegian, WestJet, Thomas Cook Airlines, Corsair, La Compagnie, Aurigny and Loganair in the Worldwide by easyJet network, which launched in 2017. Worldwide is easyJet’s alternative to overextending its financial resources to purchase planes and launch long-haul routes of its own. The service teamed up with inaugural partners Norwegian Air and WestJet to combine international flights from those airlines with easyJet’s own European short-haul routes in a single booking.
The concept has taken off, and easyJet’s network now boasts more than half a dozen partner airlines, reaching more than 100 destinations in far-flung locales. easyJet has also expanded its connection hubs to Berlin Tegel (TXL), Venice Marco Polo (VCE), Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS), Paris Charles De Gaulle (CDG) and Orly (ORY) and Edinburgh (EDI).
Singapore Airlines is easyJet’s next confirmed partnership, which will allow European travelers to access Southeast Asia via Milan (MXP). easyJet is also negotiating with additional carriers in the Middle East and Asia.
Each Virgin/easyJet partner itinerary will include a 2.5-hour “minimum connection time,” giving passengers a little more wiggle room when trying to navigate connections on different airlines. Under specific circumstances, travelers will also have the option to transfer to the next available flight, although neither airline will hold flights for tardy connections.
Featured photo by Virgin Atlantic.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees