Virgin Atlantic is Hiring Flight Attendants
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Missed out on a chance to travel the world and get paid for it? Well, you might have a second chance because Virgin Atlantic is recruiting flight attendants to join its cabin crew based out of Gatwick (LGW) and Heathrow Airport (LHR).
The airline’s base salary for a flight attendant is £14,069 pro-rated (plus additional trip pay and onboard commissions — but those amounts are unclear). While the pay might not be sky-high, the airline promises perks like world travel opportunities, including up to seven flights a year to Virgin Atlantic global destinations. Additionally, if you’re selected as a cabin crew member, you’ll have a benefits package that includes a pension and private healthcare benefits, life insurance, child care vouchers and discounts across the Virgin Group of companies.
You don’t need prior cabin crew experience to apply. However, Virgin is looking for a person with proven history of delivering outstanding customer service with “enthusiasm, tons of resilience and a passion for people.” Safety and exceptional customer service are its top priority, according to the airline, so it says members of its cabin crew “must go out of your way to ensure a smooth, safe and fun journey for all our customers.”
Here are the job’s minimum criteria:
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK with no criminal convictions
- You must be aged 18 years or older before June 17
- You should hold a valid passport with no restrictions
- You need to be fluent in written and spoken English
- Minimum high school education or minimum of three General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Arm reach of 210 cm (about 83 in) while standing on tiptoes
- Be able to brace with your feet flat on the floor whilst sitting in the jump seat, which is 45cm (about 18 in) off the floor (this will be checked at interview stage also without shoes)
- Be a confident swimmer— you must be able to swim at least 25 meters (about 82 feet).
If you meet the criteria, you can submit an application online on Virgin Atlantic’s recruitment page. The application closes on June 17.
Featured image by Robin Marchant/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.