Virgin Atlantic Is Giving Away Free Flights to the Caribbean — If Your Name Is Lucy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Calling all Lucys: Virgin Atlantic is giving away free flight tickets with your name on it.
That’s right. For these sweepstakes, Virgin is playing it on the nose. If your name is Lucy (or Lucia), you can win a free trip to the Caribbean island of St. Lucia.
Virgin’s driving focus on this giveaway was to celebrate British women on International Women’s Day. “Our research indicates that that two-thirds of British women struggle to take holidays, due to the pressures of balancing work and family life,” Virgin stated in a press release. “We don’t think that’s right so we are going to do more to help ensure women get their fair share.” Virgin also specifically selected St. Lucia because it is the only country in the world that is named after a woman. It also happens to fly there — to Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) from London’s Gatwick.
For the contest, four selected Lucys (and a plus-one for each) will win an all-expenses-paid round-trip economy class Virgin Atlantic flight from Gatwick to St. Lucia. To enter you don’t have to be from the UK, but you will have to provide your own transportation to get to Gatwick for the free flight. Tickets are valid through Dec. 31, 2019. All entrants must have “Lucy” or “Lucia” on their passport and must submit their application by March 11.
So, Lucy / Lucia, if you’re feeling lucky: enter to win your free flight here.
Featured image by Wildroze via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.