Virgin Atlantic Is Giving Away Free Flights to the Caribbean — If Your Name Is Lucy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Calling all Lucys: Virgin Atlantic is giving away free flight tickets with your name on it.
That’s right. For these sweepstakes, Virgin is playing it on the nose. If your name is Lucy (or Lucia), you can win a free trip to the Caribbean island of St. Lucia.
Virgin’s driving focus on this giveaway was to celebrate British women on International Women’s Day. “Our research indicates that that two-thirds of British women struggle to take holidays, due to the pressures of balancing work and family life,” Virgin stated in a press release. “We don’t think that’s right so we are going to do more to help ensure women get their fair share.” Virgin also specifically selected St. Lucia because it is the only country in the world that is named after a woman. It also happens to fly there — to Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) from London’s Gatwick.
For the contest, four selected Lucys (and a plus-one for each) will win an all-expenses-paid round-trip economy class Virgin Atlantic flight from Gatwick to St. Lucia. To enter you don’t have to be from the UK, but you will have to provide your own transportation to get to Gatwick for the free flight. Tickets are valid through Dec. 31, 2019. All entrants must have “Lucy” or “Lucia” on their passport and must submit their application by March 11.
So, Lucy / Lucia, if you’re feeling lucky: enter to win your free flight here.
Featured image by Wildroze via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees