Video: TPG Visits the Scottish Countryside and Reviews The Gleneagles Hotel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Two words: warm towels. And not the tiny hot towels you get on airplanes, either — big, fluffy, warm towels long enough for a 6’7” person. That’s a major plus for a hotel!
In this week’s episode of “Being The Points Guy,” Brian checks into The Gleneagles Hotel in Auchterarder, Scotland. Known for its sprawling fields of green, stunning castle-like exterior and fantastic food, it’s a hit pretty much all around. We could hardly come up with any “downs” when it came to rating this hotel. Oh — and it’s also home to the perfect breakfast sandwich.
While it’s not a points hotel, it is a part of the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts program, available to cardholders of The Platinum Card® from American Express or any Centurion Cards. This will score you 5x Membership Rewards points for booking, and wonderful perks.
Brian and company also embarked on a “country pursuit.” And it didn’t involve any golf. Check it out below — and don’t forget to subscribe at the bottom of the page!
Enjoy this video? Check back in with us for more episodes of “Being The Points Guy” every Thursday. And if you’ve fallen behind, catch up here.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.