Video: TPG Reviews the Stylish London Edition Hotel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In this week’s episode of “Being The Points Guy,” Brian reviews the swanky London Edition hotel.
Edition hotels, generally, are known for being high-end, fashionable and high-priced places to stay. The London Edition is no exception to that rule: As a Category 7 hotel in the Marriott Bonvoy program, Brian ended up doling out 60,000 Marriott points a night for a deluxe room. That’s equivalent to $480 at our current points valuations, but cheaper than the $700 cash rate.
That being said, with the Michelin-starred restaurant in the lobby and an undeniably “cool vibe” throughout, The London Edition still ranks pretty high for TPG. Just try not to book at the same time as any internationally famous boy bands. Or do, if you’re into that sort of thing.
Watch Brian’s full-length review in the video below — and don’t forget to subscribe at the bottom of the page!
Enjoy this video? Check back in with us for more episodes of “Being the Points Guy” every Tuesday and Thursday. And if you’ve fallen behind, catch up here.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.