Video: The Worst Meal TPG Has Ever Had on a Plane — El Al First-Class Review
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Because who doesn’t love a good throwback?
In this week’s installment of “Being The Points Guy,” Brian and company (a.k.a. Claudia Oshry, @girlwithnojob and Ben Soffer, @boywithnojob) get the first-class cabin to themselves aboard an old-fashioned Boeing 747 with El Al Israel Airlines. While the food was, well, not the best — the vintage flight itself was one to remember for sure.
Unfortunately, the Queen of the Skies will leave the Israeli flag carrier’s fleet soon. If you want a chance to fly this oldie-but-goodie, you can book a flight for 162,000 points transferred from Amex Membership Rewards. Just don’t order the salmon.
Watch the review here, and don’t forget to subscribe at the bottom of the page!
Enjoy this video? Check back in with us for more episodes of “Being the Points Guy,” every Tuesday and Thursday. And if you’ve fallen behind, catch up here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.