Video: TPG, Capital One show how small business customer uses Spark Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
This story is part of a sponsorship paid for by Capital One — one way that TPG continues to provide our readers with free news and advice about travel.
When it comes to earning points and miles, most of us think about using them for flights, hotels, shopping or even statement credits. But small businesses tend to take the miles they earn and plow them back into their companies.
The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business card has again launched its exciting limited-time offer of up to 200,000-miles for new members (after spending $50,000 total on purchases in the first six months). With the launch of this generous offer, Brian teamed up with Capital One to see how an actual small business owner is maximizing its business purchases on the Spark Miles credit card to collect miles.
In this video, Brian goes to Philadelphia’s famous The Bourse food hall to meet Mike, the owner of Takorean, known for its Korean-Mexican fusion food.
After quitting his job in 2010 (the same year Brian launched The Points Guy), Mike bought a food truck and chased his entrepreneurial dreams. He now uses the miles he earns from Takorean to travel around the world for business and pleasure. “I have a huge pot of travel rewards that I’m able to use and travel at a level that’s higher than my income,” said Mike.
Watch the video below — and don’t forget to subscribe at the bottom of the page:
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Featured photo by The Points Guy
50,000 bonus miles with this business card, plus 5x miles on hotels and car rental booking through Capital One Travel, and 2x miles on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles – equal to $500 in travel – once you spend $4,500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase, everywhere, no limits or category restrictions, and miles won't expire for the life of the account
- Earn 5X miles on hotel and rental car bookings through Capital One Travel℠ using a Spark Miles card
- Transfer your miles to 10+ leading travel loyalty programs like JetBlue™, Air Canada, and Emirates™
- Redeem your miles instantly for any travel-related purchases, from flights and hotels to ride-sharing services
- Fly through security with one statement credit for either the $85 TSA Pre✓® application fee or the $100 Global Entry application fee
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
- Free employee cards which also earn unlimited 2X miles from their purchases