Video: Delta Addresses T-Pain’s Twitter Gripe by Blasting ‘Buy U A Drank’ as He Deplanes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For all the flak that airlines receive for not addressing valid complaints via social media, it’s refreshing to see an interaction that not only shows the human side of a corporate Twitter account, but one that turns a deplaning process into a dance party.
A few weeks back, rapper T-Pain — who happens to be a Million Miler on Delta Air Lines — tweeted an introspective thought on boarding songs. Put simply, he posited that Delta should consider a deeper bench of boarding tunes, as to not totally burn out frequent flyers with the same chord progressions. Crucially, he concluded the tweet with an acknowledgment of appreciation.
Delta’s social team concocted a response that will no doubt be framed and used in future Corporate Social Media 101 university lectures, affirming that while more upbeat jams would indeed make the boarding process less monotonous, it would likely impact Delta’s impressive on-time performance metric.
By all accounts, this would’ve been a win all the way around had the story concluded right then and there. But, lucky for us, there’s more.
This past Saturday, as Delta’s first Airbus A220 was cruising above Quebec for its first test flight, T-Pain was preparing to deplane a Delta flight from Los Angeles (LAX) to Atlanta (ATL). Lo and behold, one of his biggest hits was pumping over the speakers. A fellow passenger asked T-Pain to briefly remove his headphones, and when he did, he lit up after realizing that “Buy U A Drank” was chosen as the deplaning tune. Needless to say, T-Pain was pleasantly surprised, and gave Delta a shout on his Instagram page as the onboard flight crew boogied down.
We’re guessing his airline loyalty won’t be swayed as he heads for two million miles.
H/T: USA Today
Featured image courtesy of T-Pain.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees