Video: Simultaneous Landing Leads to Fiery Crash in Sudan
A bizarre simultaneous landing resulted in a fiery collision between two military aircraft in Sudan.
The collision between two Sudanese transport aircraft — an Antonov 30 and an Antonov 32 — at Khartoum Airport (KRT) was caught on CCTV and posted online by Airlive.
According to the United Arab Emirates-based Khaleej Times, a fire broke out after the two collided, and firefighters were dispatched to battle the blaze. As of this time, no casualties have been reported.
Unconfirmed photos posted on Twitter show both of the aircraft badly damaged.
As of 12pm ET, the airport remains closed.
Featured image courtesy of Sudan Defence Force via Twitter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.