The Points Guy Adds Victoria Walker, Carissa Rawson to Points and Miles Team
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here at The Points Guy, we’re all about leveraging loyalty programs to travel the country (and the world) for minimal out-of-pocket costs, and covering the ins and outs of these rewards requires a cadre of dedicated, passionate and knowledgeable staffers. Today, we’re announcing the addition of two new writers — Victoria Walker and Carissa Rawson — as Points, Miles and Deals reporters.
Both Victoria and Carissa have extensive knowledge of the world of travel, especially as it relates to points and miles. Whether unearthing deals or covering changes to existing loyalty programs, both will offer TPG readers the unbiased and comprehensive coverage of travel rewards that you’ve come to expect.
“Points and miles content is at the core of The Points Guy,” says CEO and founder Brian Kelly. “With so many airlines and hotels innovating — and not necessarily for the better — adding these individuals to the team will allow us to do deeper analysis on loyalty programs and really underscores our commitment to our readers. We’ll be able to help them get more value out of the programs they love and also highlight new ones that we haven’t focused on in the past.”
Victoria and Carissa will both report to Nick Ewen, TPG’s Senior Points and Miles Editor, who joined the team full-time in March 2018 after starting six years earlier as one of the site’s first contributors.
“I’m incredibly excited to have these two talented individuals become of part of the editorial team here at The Points Guy,” Ewen says. “The world of loyalty programs is constantly evolving, so it’s critical to have strong journalists who can quickly cut through the noise and get to the bottom line of what changes mean for our readers. Victoria and Carissa both fit this profile perfectly and will greatly enhance our points and miles-related content.”
Victoria joins us from Washington, DC, where most recently she served as a News Writer for Travel Noire as well as a lecturer at Howard University. She also spent three years at the Washington Post as the publication’s Breaking News and Viral Content Editor, a stint that included coverage of the 2016 election. Her passion for journalism and making travel accessible by leveraging points and miles will support both new and advanced award travelers.
When she’s not traveling, she enjoys photography, finding new coffee shops, rap music and spending time with her pug, Migo. She is a native of Hampton, VA, a graduate of Howard University and currently resides in Brooklyn. You can follow her on Twitter @Vikkie.
Carissa comes to The Points Guy after a stint writing for Points With a Crew, where she covered deals and other travel news each week. She has extensive project management experience with Appen — an Australia-based data and machine learning company — and also served seven years abroad for the United States Air Force. She’s fluent in Arabic and is based on the West Coast.
As an obsessive travel junkie, Carissa has traveled to 43 different countries on 5 different continents. When she isn’t jaunting off on her latest adventure, she spends far too much time at Disneyland, riding rides, eating food and occasionally working. She’s the proud owner of a service dog, Brit, who joins in on all her escapades, and a yorkie, Nala, who is the real boss of the home.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees