The Points Guy Adds Victoria Walker, Carissa Rawson to Points and Miles Team
Here at The Points Guy, we’re all about leveraging loyalty programs to travel the country (and the world) for minimal out-of-pocket costs, and covering the ins and outs of these rewards requires a cadre of dedicated, passionate and knowledgeable staffers. Today, we’re announcing the addition of two new writers — Victoria Walker and Carissa Rawson — as Points, Miles and Deals reporters.
Both Victoria and Carissa have extensive knowledge of the world of travel, especially as it relates to points and miles. Whether unearthing deals or covering changes to existing loyalty programs, both will offer TPG readers the unbiased and comprehensive coverage of travel rewards that you’ve come to expect.
“Points and miles content is at the core of The Points Guy,” says CEO and founder Brian Kelly. “With so many airlines and hotels innovating — and not necessarily for the better — adding these individuals to the team will allow us to do deeper analysis on loyalty programs and really underscores our commitment to our readers. We’ll be able to help them get more value out of the programs they love and also highlight new ones that we haven’t focused on in the past.”
Victoria and Carissa will both report to Nick Ewen, TPG’s Senior Points and Miles Editor, who joined the team full-time in March 2018 after starting six years earlier as one of the site’s first contributors.
“I’m incredibly excited to have these two talented individuals become of part of the editorial team here at The Points Guy,” Ewen says. “The world of loyalty programs is constantly evolving, so it’s critical to have strong journalists who can quickly cut through the noise and get to the bottom line of what changes mean for our readers. Victoria and Carissa both fit this profile perfectly and will greatly enhance our points and miles-related content.”
Victoria joins us from Washington, DC, where most recently she served as a News Writer for Travel Noire as well as a lecturer at Howard University. She also spent three years at the Washington Post as the publication’s Breaking News and Viral Content Editor, a stint that included coverage of the 2016 election. Her passion for journalism and making travel accessible by leveraging points and miles will support both new and advanced award travelers.
When she’s not traveling, she enjoys photography, finding new coffee shops, rap music and spending time with her pug, Migo. She is a native of Hampton, VA, a graduate of Howard University and currently resides in Brooklyn. You can follow her on Twitter @Vikkie.
Carissa comes to The Points Guy after a stint writing for Points With a Crew, where she covered deals and other travel news each week. She has extensive project management experience with Appen — an Australia-based data and machine learning company — and also served seven years abroad for the United States Air Force. She’s fluent in Arabic and is based on the West Coast.
As an obsessive travel junkie, Carissa has traveled to 43 different countries on 5 different continents. When she isn’t jaunting off on her latest adventure, she spends far too much time at Disneyland, riding rides, eating food and occasionally working. She’s the proud owner of a service dog, Brit, who joins in on all her escapades, and a yorkie, Nala, who is the real boss of the home.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.