You can have a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner in Grand Central Terminal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner — but if you haven’t made plans for you and your special someone just yet, don’t fret.
Grand Central Terminal — New York City’s iconic Beaux-Arts train station — will randomly select two people to “dine under the stars” in the main concourse this Valentine’s Day. The lucky couple will enjoy a three-course dinner from Agern (a Scandinavian restaurant on 42nd Street with a Michelin star) beneath the celestial ceiling, plus Li-Lac Chocolates and, of course, plenty of Champagne and cocktails. There will even be a professional photographer and live music, as well as a Diptyque gift set for you to take home. To top it all off, the twosome will enjoy the rest of the night in the presidential suite at the Grand Hyatt, located right next door — a room that would normally set you back at least $750.
And considering the dinner reservation is for 2:30 a.m. on Feb. 14, you’ll definitely want to take advantage of the room.
Yes, that’s right — the dinner is scheduled for after the terminal closes to the public, between 2 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. So, not only will you have a romantic meal in one of the most beautiful places in the city, you’ll have the space entirely to yourself. That is, if you can stay awake until then.
Snagging a table at the most exclusive spot in town won’t come easy. For a chance to win, you’ll have to follow @love.GCT on Instagram and like this post. Then, you’ll have to tag your date — or spouse, best friend, partner in crime — whoever it is you want to share this experience with. Just be sure to do so before tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 7 at 11:59 p.m. EST. If you’re randomly selected to win, you’ll receive a direct message through Instagram on Monday, Feb. 10.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Dining in a train station not your thing? We’ve got you covered with our guide to 29 of the top restaurants in New York City. Word to the wise, though: Make your reservations ASAP. If you can’t find anything through popular restaurant booking sites such as Resy or OpenTable, American Express Concierge is going to be your best bet. Select American Express cardholders have access to this special service that can help you arrange tours, get access to events and yes, even score hard-to-get restaurant reservations (looking at you, Carbone).
Featured photo by focusstock/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees