Use your Hilton Honors points to drive an Aston Martin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton offers loyalists a wide variety of options to redeem their Hilton Honors points on — from private concerts to exclusive culinary experiences, and now the opportunity to drive a luxury sports car while staying at a glamorous Waldorf Astoria property. All of these once-in-a-lifetime experiences are redeemable via points, making them much more attainable for the savvy traveler.
Currently, Hilton Honors members can bid on the opportunity to stay at the brand’s newest Waldorf Astoria’s properties — The Waldorf Astoria Atlanta Buckhead and The Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas — and drive an Aston Martin. The bidding for this luxurious experience is starting at 102,000 Honors points, but the experience will go to the highest bidder.
The bidding for The Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas driving experience has already closed and ultimately went for 170,000 Honors points, which TPG values at $1,020. When you compare that to how much it will cost you in cash, which is $5,750, that’s quite the steal.
However, the bidding for The Waldorf Astoria Atlanta Buckhead driving experience is still running and is currently starting at 102,000 Honors points. The auction will close on Oct. 2, 2019 and the dates for the stay and drive are Oct. 12-13. This is what you’ll get if you’re the highest bidder:
- Two nights in a Buckhead Private Terrace room or Buckhead One Bedroom Suite
- 60-minute Aston Martin driving experience for one
- $150 hotel credit (can be applied towards spa services or food and beverage)
- Complimentary Premium Wi-Fi
- Complimentary 1:00 PM late check out
The Aston Martin and Hilton partnership isn’t new, in fact, it launched globally in 2018. This is the first time that the experience has been offered via Hilton Experiences, but guests at various Waldorf Astoria’s across the globe are given the opportunity to book a drive complimentary when they stay at locations in Edinburgh, Dubai, Atlanta, Palm Springs, Las Vegas and Shanghai.
Featured photo by John Warburton-Lee/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees